Closing Date: August 31, 2020
Reporting to the Manager of Product, the Junior Product Owner, RACE21™ helps to drive the product vision and strategy alongside the Product Owner. They provide constant feedback to the team and help the team to follow this vision. Their biggest challenge is to ensure that the team knows with accurate detail what they are expected to build. This Junior Product Owner will develop a deep understanding of the target market/industry, build close relationships with key stakeholders, and define the business strategy for the product.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support the Product Owner in setting ambitious and clear product vision and communicate ‘the story’ effectively to key stakeholders and the test of the team
- Work closely with the Product Owner to own the end-to-end product strategy from inception, and determine business value once solution enters production
- Build backlog of product features, i.e. write user stories and acceptance criteria together with his/her work-cell team
- Continuously improve backlog ensuring all items are clearly described, estimated and prioritized
- Ensure customer-driven design considering user pain points & usability test results, while using market & industry knowledge to deliver a well-positioned product
- Work with the Product Owner to approve each feature and provide valuable feedback for the team
- With the Product Owner to drive sprint-and release plans together with the rest of the team
- Exercise strong decision making mandate from executive group to own product end-to-end
- Work with Technical Lead / Architect to build a modular & reusable solution
- Knowledge of relevant domains/products/journeys
- Knowledge of industry trends and user demands and pain points to be able to create a high value product vision
- Comfortable with technology/IT to be able to engage in discussion with tech team to understand risks
- Exposure in Agile Development, with specific Product Owner (or similar) experience preferred, should be confident in managing the backlog
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and tradeoffs and tell a compelling story
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders strong leadership skills
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress
- Challenger mindset and passion to challenge status quo to find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas loves and embraces change
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency and trust across the team
- Not afraid to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and seeks to go outside comfort zone to learn pushes the team to do the same
- Experimental mindset to drive innovation
- Mining industry experience would be an asset
- A valid driver’s licence might be required
- Ability to travel to our sites in British Columbia 20-40% of the time
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery