Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Applications are still being accepted in anticipation of opening our resorts for the summer season, contingent on our ability to resume operations.
Bike School Lead Hand – Full-Time – Summer Seasonal
Position Status: Full Time (30/40 hours/week) Seasonal, Hourly. Lead hand role will be 1 – 3 days a week from July to August, the rest of the role will be teaching lessons. Seasonal positions can be differentiated from year round jobs as they have predefined start and end dates.
Job Summary: You will be responsible for overseeing the operation for bike school lessons. Working with the whole bike school to ensure high level of coaching in all programs, all guests are satisfied with their experience and the safety of the guests and staff are paramount.
What you’ll be up to:
- To continually strive to exceed our Guests’ expectations and to create an experience of a lifetime for all
- To ensure all staff adopt a “Safety First” approach, consistently delivering a safe environment for our guests and provide them with the finest mountain biking experience in the industry.
- To effectively and efficiently supervise all programs and operations and provide immediate response to product and service shortfalls
- To ensure the program and the whole school is staffed as efficiently as possible
- To communicate with guests before and during programs to ensure guests are well informed and are placed in the correct groups.
- Initiate corrective and disciplinary action with staff as necessary
- To follow up on all W.C.B. claims
- To ensure that proper safety procedures are followed by all staff
- To ensure policies and procedures are developed and standards maintained to deliver the highest quality product possible in the safest environment possible
- Attend and participate at required at meetings
- To ensure that all guest concerns and complaints are handled with satisfactory results and that appropriate follow-up is done
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Previous leadership experience with proven leadership and communication skills
- Highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- Problem solver and self motivated
- Previous supervisory experience
- Minimum of 3 years bike coaching
- Level 2 PMBI certification required, level 3 an asset
- Good physical condition and able to ride most trails in the Bike Park and in the valley
- Extensive local trail and bike park trail knowledge
- Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 210788
- Address 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, B.C, Canada
- Image Gallery