Squamish is in the heart of the Sea to Sky Country; the self-proclaimed recreation capital of Canada. Greg Gardner GM is a family owned, impactful community centric organization that prides itself in the loyalty of its employees. We are seeking that ‘right’ technician that will compliment our family, that wants to live, work, and play in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Greg Gardner GM is a fast paced work environment where innovation is the key to our success. No two days are the same but you can always count on a smile and gainful employment as long as you are part of our Team. If the Sea to Sky country is where you want to be, why not submit a resume and let’s talk. Who knows, you may just be that exact fit we are looking for.
- Knowledge of automotive systems and the ability to explain systems and repairs to others
- Willingness and ability to maintain current product and technical knowledge
- Appropriate technical certifications
- Ability to diagnose vehicle problems and interpret work orders
- Ability to diagnose vehicle problems other than those on the work order or those described by the customer
- Ability to estimate time of service or repair job for purposes of efficient scheduling
- Knowledge of parts requirements to complete a job, and ability to communicate parts requirements via repair orders
- Ability to maintain communication with Service Consultants and Parts Department
- Knowledge of approved and established procedures for conducting service and repairs
- Ability to document repairs performed on completed customer service orders
- Ability to stay current by attending technical training schools and by reading and understanding service manuals, technical bulletins, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with the quality control & inspection requirements of the Service Dept.
- Ability to clock on and clock off when working on a repair
- Is responsible for conducting routine service on vehicles and for diagnosing and completing repairs
- Works closely with the Parts Department and with the Service Consultant.
- Uses the computer to determine how long a given repair or service will take and keeps the Service Consultant or Manager abreast of repair progress so that additional work may be scheduled.
- Is a good communicator, immediately telling the Service Consultant and Parts Department if a part needs to be ordered and asking for clarification if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect.
- Is capable of correctly performing complicated repair sequences according to established procedures.
- Knows the shop area and the availability of special tools that might be needed.
- Is detail-oriented & writes on the work order the repairs completed, the parts required, & the labour to be charged.
- Documents any other vehicle problems that were noted during servicing.
- Should be capable of working independently, managing his or her time and work flow.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Pass a RCMP background check