Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Applications are still being accepted in anticipation of opening our resorts for the summer season, contingent on our ability to resume operations.
To assist maintenance crews in the performance of service and overhaul to Whistler Blackcomb Mountain’s lift system.
- To continually strive to exceed our Guest’s expectations and to create memories for guests and staff as the best mountain experience again and again
- Operate lifts for tower crews.
- Assist in preparation for various jobs i.e. tools, rigging parts, etc.
- Clean and prepare parts for overhaul and service.
- Rebuilding and assembly of minor components (dependent on skill and aptitude level).
- Delivery of crews and materials to various job sites.
- Most work is performed outdoors regardless of weather conditions.
- To assist the maintenance crew and perform shutdown and operational maintenance on all of the ski lifts and conveyors
- This includes but is not limited to:
- Safely operating lifts for line work crews, maintaining neat and accurate records of work performed during this process you will be expected to clean, vacuum, touch up paint and organize the terminal that you are working at.
- Assist w/rope shortenings, sheave assembly rebuilds and other major projects as required
- Teardown, clean, lube and re-assemble grips and carrier components as part of the NDT program
- At the end of each day you will required to assist with unloading and putting away all tools and rigging for all the crews arriving at the shop.
- Whenever time permits all vehicles including ATV and UTV’s shall be emptied, swept out, vacuumed and washed. Windows and upholstery shall be cleaned when necessary.
- At the end of each day all work areas shall be organized, garbage and flammables removed, floors swept and benches and surfaces wiped down.
- Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that We Care
- Must possess a valid B.C. Driver’s License, and provide a satisfactory “N”-Print driver’s abstract (If you don’t have a BC driver’s license you will be require to obtain one within the first month of your employment)
- Must be physically fit.
- Must have strong communication and listening skills.
- Proper light ¾ hikers minimum footwear required
Preference given to those with:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Previous maintenance experience
- Geographical knowledge of Whistler and Blackcomb
- Lift operating experience
- Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training and professional development
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 202430
- Address 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, B.C, Canada
- Image Gallery