About the Opportunity:
- Are you a seasoned and experienced Finance Manager with over 7 years of progressive accounting and finance experience as a Chartered Professional Accountant including supervisory experience in providing direction, mentorship, and leadership in financial operations in progressively senior roles?
- Are you a forward thinking, collaborative leader with the ability to express thoughts logically and persuasively with strong verbal and written communication skills, developed business acumen and experience in a public sector or crown corporation preparing reporting for Executive, Board of Directors, and the Province of BC?
- Have you played a key role in building and aligning a team of financial professionals around key deliverables, including proper delegation of duties and effective day-to-day coaching and guidance to ensure timely and accurate performance against all key deliverables including payroll and benefits administration and year-end audit working papers, annual financial statements and notes.
- Do you have a passionate desire to lead, drive and effect change?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, submit an application for our Manager, Financial Operations position today!
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of BC Assessment’s Finance senior management team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Manager, Financial Operations is responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary accounting operations department. In this leadership role, the position is accountable for managing day-to-day financial operations including regulatory and management reporting, cash and treasury management, financial policy and procedures, accounting standards and practices, payroll and benefits administration, and internal financial controls. The Manager, Financial Operations leads and mentors senior and working level staff and works in partnership with the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis to ensure effective integration of financial operations and corporate financial planning and analysis framework.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing financial and management information including financial statements and related management discussion and analysis.
- Managing the general accounting function, which includes financial reporting, journal entries, reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, capital asset management, tax compliance, and month and year-end close.
- Provides leadership for payroll and benefits administration including payments to employees, Board of Directors, Canada Revenue Agency, employee benefits providers and regulatory reporting.
- Providing effective day-to-day coaching and guidance, meaningful and timely performance reviews and regular feedback; sharing and teaching best practices; mentoring, developing and supervising accounting staff.
- Building strong working relationships and fostering an environment of open and transparent communication within the team and across the organization, providing education and guidance to the business to support knowledge, awareness, and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, standards and practices, corporate financial policies, practices and procedures and audit readiness.
- Ongoing identification and implementation of process and service improvements to increase productivity, simplify and enable automation, and provide timely and relevant reporting.
BC Assessment’s Finance Division in an integral and trusted business partner across the organization, made-up of diverse teams, strengths and capabilities contributing to BC Assessment’s overall success. Under the Director of Finance, the core Finance teams help to make BC Assessment better by working together to deliver insightful advice, meaningful reporting, and professional operations under two main parts:
- Financial Operations – a centralized team performing a range of services such as general accounting, financial and compliance reporting, transaction processing and payroll and benefits administration on behalf of Finance and the organization providing knowledge-based expertise to the organization
- Financial Planning & Analysis – a centralized team performing long and short term financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and decision support, tax levy rate and funding strategy, and financial performance management frameworks
This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.
♦ Location: Victoria (Uptown)
♦ Competition Closes: Monday, May 27th @ 4:30PM
- A university degree in business, finance, management or equivalent.
- A CPA accounting designation and current membership in good standing with the CPA association.
Seven years’ experience including:
- Demonstrated progressive levels of financial and administrative responsibility;
- Experience providing direction and leadership in managing financial operations;
- Experience with computerized financial systems in a mid- to large-sized organization;
- Experience in public sector accounting is preferred;
- Experience managing payroll is preferred.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory criminal record search. A criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily preclude employment with BC Assessment. However, a recent criminal charge or conviction found to be related to the intended employment may result in the loss of an employment opportunity.
About BC Assessment
BC Assessment values all property in the province of British Columbia. Our applications and data are used to create an annual Assessment Roll which informs and acts as an important factor for municipal and provincial taxation planning, policy and decision. The heart of BC Assessment is it’s team. As a Crown corporation providing property assessment services for a variety of customers across the province, BC Assessment recognizes the importance of its employees’ contributions.
BC Assessment seeks to recruit, reward and retain great talent – the people who work hard to help make the corporation a leading property assessment organization and the first choice for property information in British Columbia. To find out more about BC Assessment, please click here.
About The Benefits
BC Assessment is committed to the professional growth, development and well-being of their staff. In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package and a full range of benefits, including:
- 35-hour work week and flexible work opportunities
- 4 weeks vacation to start
- Extended Health and Dental
- Retirement and Pension Plans
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Maternity and Parental Leave Top-Up Payments
- Awards & Recognition
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Upon joining the BC Assessment team, you’ll find yourself working with a group of friendly, team-oriented individuals who strive to deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Best of all, you can look forward to an environment where your skills and experience are truly appreciated and rewarded.
- Address 3450 Uptown Blvd, Victoria, BC, Canada
- This job has expired!