|City:||Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Location:||Vancouver H/O – Canfor/CWPM_1000 (BC13)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
The Manager, Sales Accounting is responsible for global shared service accounting and reporting functions with a strong focus on Lumber Sales and Distribution.
The Manager, Sales Accounting is the Finance business partner to Lumber Sales and Supply Chain (Logistics and Transportation). The role is responsible for internal accounting, reporting and analysis for Lumber Sales and Distribution including all domestic and international lumber shipments. This role is also responsible for the administration of Export Duty filing to ensure full compliance with export regulations.
This role requires a strong understanding of the end-to-end flow of lumber finished goods from the mills to the customers, with a heightened awareness of the interface and integration between the applications within the ERP platform. The Manager, Sales Accounting is expected to continuously drive process improvement by utilizing and enhancing the accounting and reporting functionalities provided through the ERP platform.
Sales Accounting and Reporting
- Responsible for accounting cycle, standard reporting and regulatory work for global sales and distributions with a strong focus on lumber segment
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of sales related data including Net Revenue, Mill Net, Inventory, AR Trade, for both CFP and CSP lumber segments
- Manage the reviews and updates of all sales related system setups including customer pricing, transfer pricing, customer rebates, agent commissions, internal allocations, etc.
- Coordinate with the business to administrate customer rebate programs, agent commission agreements, commission sales agreements, etc.
- Maintain intercompany agreements (between CFP and CWPM Ltd, between CSP Sales entity and the CSP mills, etc.) and review income statements for the sales entities
- Responsible for S&A overhead forecasts and related corporate initiatives; along with the tracking and related variance analysis for Lumber Sales divisions
- Monitor and analyze lumber sales accounting data and produce internal financial reports highlighting key trends and variances in results
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Ownership of export duty filing related work including ongoing coordination with the broker and US Customs, weekly payments, accrual adjustments, monthly reconciliations, etc.
- Support margin and working capital reduction initiatives
- Coordinate the effort between Sales Accounting and IT to support enhancements and projects (design reviews, user testing, data conversion, user support, etc.)
- Review and prioritize IT defect resolutions and enhancements, coordinate the work with IT on root cause analysis, data fixes, and finding solutions
- Manage all related audit and third-party reviews as the audits relate to the lumber sales divisions or overseas lumber sales entities
- Manage all tax and regulatory compliance work (state tax adherence, GST, PST, etc.)
Leadership & Stakeholder Engagement
- Provide continuous training and mentorship to team including formal career development plans for team members
- Build and maintain strong trust and relationships with Sales and Supply Chain as the finance partner for both CFP and CSP Lumber
- Analyze and evaluate existing processes and identify opportunities to streamline business processes and improve operational efficiencies
- Communicate finance results and concepts efficiently and effectively to the business, to support decision-making and highlight value-added opportunities
Required Skills & Education:
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a financial management role, preferably within the forestry industry or a related operations / manufacturing environment
- Accounting designation (CPA/CA) and related business courses
- Extended experience working with ERP systems and BI tools; experience with JDE and other oracle systems is an asset
- Experience working on cross-functional projects and system implementations
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of end-to-end business processes
- Strong focus on standardization and continuous improvement
- Ability to lead with a curious mindset
- Advanced ability to utilize tools and systems to find, extract and analyze required data
- Advanced computer, MS Excel and other MS Office application skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to manage multiple time sensitive tasks
- Strong understanding of internal Finance policies and procedures
- Understanding of external reporting requirements, standards, and policies
- Understanding of relevant legal, regulatory and compliance issues
- Ability to adapt to changes in current policies and processes due to new guidelines
All qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their applications no later than 4:00pm PST on January 29th, 2021.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada’s mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver
- Address 100 -1700 W 75th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery