Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions?
The vision of the Brand Protection teams is to help protect the intellectual property of Brands and create an accurate and trusted experience for customers on Amazon. We do this by building cost-effective, low-latency, high throughput systems that use information about a brand to proactively remove suspected infringing or inaccurate content. These systems will rely on data from our innovative, next-generation image processing and machine learning solutions that perform at high speed, precision and recall.
In this role, the Manager will manage a team of Software Engineers and Applied Scientists and work with other stakeholders to create and execute the vision. You will be responsible for diving deep into seller experience metrics, understanding seller pain points and holding teams across the company to the highest standards.
· You are a visionary leader, builder, and operator. You have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives.
· You enjoy balancing technical leadership, investment and strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
· You communicate effectively with senior stakeholders.
· You are passionate about striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment.
· You will drive strategic planning and project execution, recruit, hire, and develop the industry’s top engineering talent.
· You will be responsible for multiple areas of significant impact.
· You will define the strategic direction for your team, while diving deep as needed. You will build your teams to independently innovate and deliver results, while verifying completion/quality.
· You will audit efficiently, developing processes to track your team’s metrics, identifying if projects are at risk and get them back on track.
There are very few places where you can have this much customer and business impact and help shape the future of e-commerce. We are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial and technical Software Development Manager to lead the development of Image processing systems and services . This is core strategic role for the Brand Protection org and you will be at the forefront of innovation and growth.If you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to talk to you.
· 10+ years of professional experience in software development/engineering and 3+ years of engineering management experience
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing a high performing team
· Experience with Agile, OO modeling and architecture design.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers and tech leaders
· Experience influencing software engineers’ best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
· Master’s Degree/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Address 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!