YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 29 million passengers by 2020! Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 13 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-vancouver-airport.
We have an exciting for a Manager, Technology Services (with a focus on business intelligence (BI)) in the Information Technology (IT) Department. Reporting to the Director, Technology Services (Digital), the successful candidate will lead a cross functional team to execute on the business intelligence vision and associated initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with a cross functional team in BI to execute on the established strategy and vision for the program
- Facilitating discussion internally and externally to optimize the use of data, technology and digital tactics to improve passenger, partner and employee experiences
- Implementing Data Management capabilities (e.g. Data Quality, Master Data Management, Data Security, Data Architecture)
- Promoting the use and value of business intelligence and analytics and the importance of data security
- Developing business intelligence training program and roll-out strategies
- Managing the development business glossary, data definitions, data dictionary, taxonomies, ownership profiles, access roles, usage profiles, mapping documents and artifacts to support data democratization throughout the enterprise
- Working closely with the Director to build out BI competency model for organization with a view to increasing organization’s competency and maturity related to analytics
- Defining roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensuring clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s information assets
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with our internal and external customers
- Providing support and direction to a high performing team of Business and Technical Analysts – this includes ensuring that both day-to-day and project work is being managed appropriately, monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
Key qualifications include:
- 7+ years’ recent, related experience in managing complex business systems projects – requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and change management, supplemented by a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of notable BI reporting tools, BI architecture, and full lifecycle BI and integration development
- Advanced knowledge in data warehousing, BI systems and processes, quantitative analytical methods, ETL processes and data management practices
- Experience in building the Data Governance operating model and related organization including master data management and data quality capabilities
- Experience on integration and data architecture projects involving ETL, modeling, data quality and data governance
- Detailed understanding of both the ‘traditional’ data context and the ‘new’ data possibilities with big data solutions
- Advanced communication skills to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes
- The ability to understand a business problem and determine the relevant data needed to derive the necessary information to make a recommendation or decision
- Critical thinker that challenges assumptions seeks new ideas and understands the "why" and not just the "what"
- Enjoy being part of teams focused on realizing innovative solutions with speed that create high value in deployed environments
- Proven experience leading and motivating a highly skilled team of professionals with the ability to nurture a work environment that is proactive, flexible and responsive to change
- A broad knowledge and understanding of information technology in order to communicate effectively with subject matter experts
- Solid relationship building skills with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
This position is open to Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in a management assessment process.
- Address 13211 Grant McConachie Way, Richmond, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery