Welcome To GFL Coquitlam!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches across North America with over 10,000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for full time energetic and driven Truck Mechanic to support our growing company.
With an eye to continued growth and development, we offer the following:
- A healthy and safe workplace culture
- Continuous growth and opportunity for career advancement
- A competitive RRSP/DPSP program (after 1 year of employment), helping you plan for financial success down the road
- Modern and well-maintained equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your family
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
As a Truck Mechanic with GFL, you’ll be performing preventative maintenance on our fleet. This will include carrying out diagnostic tests and repairs to a variety of vehicles and equipment using modern maintenance practices. This position is based primarily in a maintenance shop atmosphere, however our Mechanics may need to make road calls and perform test drives to adequately service our fleet.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs)
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Journeyman Truck Transport Mechanic or heavy duty mechanic, Red Seal certified
- Competency using various computer systems to record and document repairs and diagnose problems
- Physical requirements of this position include the ability to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Work hours may require overtime, weekends and/or holidays 10 hour days 40 hours a week
- Must be able to supply your own set of hand tools to perform basic repairs
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Address Golden Dr, Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
- This job has expired!