Purolator is Canada’s leading integrated freight, parcel and logistics solutions provider. We make Canada stronger by delivering our customers’ promises. This is an opportunity to join a large, unionized Canadian organization with a supportive working environment, competitive compensation, excellent benefits and career opportunities.
What we can offer you:
- A total compensation package. This includes a full benefit package, MSP, Pension Plan, Employee Assistant Program, Employee Share Ownership Program and Employee discounts.
- A safe, health, and fun work environment. Safety of our teammates is our top priority. We will only be successful as a business and as a service provider to our customers if we provide our teammates with a safe and healthy workplace. We also participate in fun and charitable events such as Jean Days, BBQ and Purolator tackles hunger.
- The job security you want. At Purolator we are proud to be able to offer our team a high level of job security.
- Opportunities to grow in the company. We are committed to offering our employees rewarding work with opportunities for collaboration and career development.
- Putting Our People First. We recognize that our teammates and their families are key stakeholders. We ensure that we have the right people, in the right roles, with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills.
Location: Based in Richmond Depot
Hours of Work:
Sunday to Thursday, 40hrs/week
Sunday 3:30am to 12:00pm (30min unpaid break)
Monday-Thursday 6:30am to 3:00pm (30min unpaid break)
- Plan assigned work in an efficient way to minimize machine
downtime while ensuring employee safety is maintained
- Performing regular preventative maintenance on material handling equipment (MHE), and ensure the compliance to schedule
- Perform Predictive Maintenance
- Diagnosing mechanical failure and performing repairs on MHE, including, rollers, drive unit, hydraulic and pneumatics system etc.
- Actively inspects and monitors all equipment to ensure system in good condition
- Performing basic electrical work
- Performing non-structural welding and fabrication
- Perform regular housekeeping duties and maintain 5S standards
- Manage work orders in CMMS properly to ensure work is properly documented and parts are restocked.
All other duties as assigned
- Must have completed at least Year 1 Millwright foundation courses with proof of certificate.
- Must be enrolled in Millwright Apprentice (2nd or 3rd or 4th year) or have completed course with BCIT. British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Knowledge of basic electrical work
- Background must include demonstrable knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter: Capacity to work as part of a team and independently.
- Welding, fitting, and or machine shop experience an asset
- Organized, 5S/LEAN exposure will be consider as an asset
- Reliable and dependable.
- Image Gallery