The role supports health care professionals by:
Performing a wide variety of clerical and administrative tasks. These include, for example,
Scheduling appointments, photocopying, filing, answering the phone, and correspondence.
The candidate must also have the ability to be thoughtful and discreet. Organizational skills are also necessary for managing large amounts of detailed information.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer the phone, schedule and confirm appointments, greet patients, receive and communicate messages
- Use Janeapp software, and other computer applications, to book appointments or prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories and medical records.
- Ask patients questions in order to complete intake forms or other documents.
- Help patients complete health history forms
- Complete insurance and other claim forms
- Process payments, bank documents, and accounts receivable
- Operate office equipment. This includes voice mail messaging systems, photocopiers, fax machines, and document scanners
- Keep all areas clean, orderly, and stocked with supplies
- Perform other clerical and administrative functions. This might involve, for example, ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Receive and communicate messages for staff and patients
- Start and continue confidential medical files and records
- Decide and establish office procedures and routines
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.
- Assist therapists in back office. This would involve setting patients up on modalities, heat etc.
- Cleaning which would involve, sanitizing, regular vacuuming, mopping, dusting , laundry and emptying garbage.
Qualifications and Skills
MOA certificate is preferred but not a requirement.
Computer savvy and the ability to quickly learn new systems.
Experience working in a physiotherapy or allied health care clinic is preferred.
Good people skills, leadership, initiative and the ability to work gracefully under pressure.
- Vacation & paid time off
- This job has expired!