- To welcome, check-in, check-out, and assist guests
- Handle incoming/outgoing calls on switchboard
- Maintain guest accounts
- Provide general information as required
- Maintain communications with other night shift workers
- Maintain cleanliness of front office, back office, and kitchen area
- Communicate with a smile whether on the phone or in person
- Full working knowledge of switchboard and base radio
- Relay messages for guests and for staff
- Maintain good communications with all departments
- Maintain a friendly, courteous manner to guests and staff at all times
- Be familiar with all fire, safety and emergency procedures
- Phone and fax the ski report to the snow phone and radio stations daily (winter)
- Maintain hourly radio communication with other night shift workers and record in logbook
- Provide correct information on the Resort facilities, Alpine and Nordic skiing, campgrounds and surrounding areas.
- Provide correct information on room rates, cancellation policy and packages.
- Record maintenance problems in maintenance book
- Check message slot and read message book daily when coming on shift. Record in message book any incidents or problems that have come up that others should be aware of.
- Full working knowledge of computer in regards to email, receiving and responding to inquiries in a quick and efficient manner.
- Maintaining info sheet for guests
- Efficient and capable of handling multiple phone lines at same time
- Answer in a professional and courteous manner
- Full working knowledge of computer reservation system, (FidelioXpress) and policies
- Take reservation bookings for accommodations (if no reservation clerk is scheduled)
- Process advance deposits and maintain a deposits pending file (reservations should have a credit card on file and/or deposit paid in advance)
- Process cancellation and fill vacancies
- Familiarity with packages and rates
- Pre-blocking rooms when reservations being made
- Complete Night Audit as per instructions in Night Audit book.
- Occupancy statistics
- Complete the ski report daily as per instruction in ski report book
- Typing and mailing of correspondence
- Promptly deposit floats as turned in
- Perform other duties requested i.e. help housekeeping, front desk duties when applicable
- Organizational skills and able to multi-task
- Must be outgoing, friendly and able to make decisions if supervisor or manager not around
- Computer knowledge
- Switchboard experience an asset
- Typing speed 40wpm an asset
- Compensation $14.00 $ $14.00 Month
- Address 7500 Hwy 3, Manning Park, BC, Canada