POSTING NUMBER: 2020-41
POSITION: Nurse Manager, Regular Full-Time
UNION: HSA or BCNU – Nurses’ Bargaining Unit
PROGRAM: Beckman House, Maple Ridge
SALARY RANGE: $42.25 – $51.78
HOURS OF PAY: 37.5 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday: 0730 hrs to 1530 hrs
START DATE: August 31, 2020
All candidates subject to a criminal records check.
Qualifications and job description attached.
Please indicate posting number 2020-41 when sending applications and resumes to: email@example.com.
Please submit applications no later than 4 p.m. Friday, August 28, 2020.
** Days and hours of work may change.
At MPA Society, the unique capabilities and talents of our employees are our greatest asset. We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhance our ability to work in partnership with the diverse communities and people we serve. MPA Society hires on the basis of merit, and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Description – Nurse Manager, R.P.N/R.N
Beckman House Licensed Housing
Classification benchmark: Direct Patient Care Profile Classification Level 4
Grid level: Level 4 (RN/RPN)
Collective Agreement: Nurses’ Bargaining Association (NBA)
Reports to: Operations Director
The Beckman House Licensed Housing Program provide assistance, support and basic skill training to members in their living environment while encouraging independence, self responsibility, and healthy lifestyle choices.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall operation of Beckman House in a manner consistent with the Licensing Act and the policies of the Motivation, Power & Achievement Society.
Functions and Responsibilities
1. In accordance with all legislations and requirements, ensures a standard of care.
2. Participates in development and implements all operational policies and procedures.
3. Maintenance of house accounts and petty cash.
4. Develops staff rosters.
5. Develops in-service educational program commensurate with the needs of the facility.
6. Establishes and maintains professional contacts with community and government agencies
and health organizations.
7. Observes building renovations and maintenance to ensure the needs of the persons-in-care
and government regulations are met and to maintain environmental safety.
8. Ensures that medical and psychiatric care services are provided for the persons-in-care.
9. Serves as a member of the Medication Safety Committee.
10. Ensures compliance with nutritional standards.
11. With the Director of Licensed Care/Assistant Director of Licensed Care, participates in
hiring/orientation of staff.
12. Initiates the process for progressive disciplining of staff if needed.
13. Responsible for quality assurance and risk management programs.
14. Coordinates the development and implementation of individual plans for the person-in-care in
conjunction with the care staff, Mental Health Team and the person-in-care.
15. Consults, as required, with the team case Managers, the person-in-care’s psychiatrist,
physician and other professionals involved with the person-in-care.
16. Reviews all referrals and arranges for all interviews and admissions. 17.Defines duties, organizes workload of all professional and care staff and arranges schedules
to ensure adequate staffing coverage is maintained.
18. Responsible for providing input into the evaluation of the work of care staff.
19. As part of the management team, participates in formalizing and reviewing personnel policies
20. Assumes on-call duties for all licensed care facilities with the MPA Society as scheduled.
21. Identifies and recommends training/skill enhancement for care staff.
22. Responsible for the active and ongoing monitoring and follow up of the work of others and
accountable for the outcomes of the care given by care staff.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
1. RPN/RN with BHSc (PN)/BSN preferred or an equivalent consideration of education and
2. Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a management position with experience in the operation
of a psychiatric residential community care facility.
3. Demonstrated management skills in a unionized environment.
4. Able to work independently, exercise initiative and good judgement.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. TB clearance and medical certification.
7. Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Compensation $42.25 – $51.78 CAD $42.25 – $51.78 Month