The purpose of this position is to assist the H-E Parts International Administration and Accounting departments with administrative tasks such as greeting, mail distribution, as well as some accounting and purchasing responsibilities. This role will be an essential part of the team and varying in the everyday tasks.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Monitor all outgoing mail including invoices, statements and payments to be prepared and posted.
- Responsible for the filing of all accounting related documents and reports
- Maintain the required stock of all stationary items and printed documents.
- Monitor performance and pricing of cell phone, janitorial, coffee and laundry services providers.
- Ordering apparel, stationary and marketing materials
- Meeting arrangements for staff.
- Process all customer credit applications and respond to credit inquiries.
- Assist customers with invoice copies, payments, bank deposits and statements.
- Additional accounting functions – setting up wire transfers, preparing and posting journal entries.
- Perform required collection calls.
- Prepare weekly AR aging report with comments
- Manage hold lists for Sales team.
- Process new vendor set up.
- Approve supplier invoices related to admin purchases/services.
- Back up accounting staff for vacation relief and times of heavy workload.
- Creating PO’s as directed by KL.
- Monitor supplier deliveries, returns and associated policies.
- Respond to Inquiries on price and lead time.
- Update supplier contact list.
- Update FOB and Vendor pricing as directed by KL.
- Maintain list of Vendors and price lists received.
- Advise branches of price changes.
- Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance to company safety initiatives
- Schedule and attend safety committee meetings
- Assist with accident investigation and safety policy administration
- Liaise and report to official regulatory bodies on safety matters.
- Advise on corporate provisions to minimize safety risks
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ office administration experience with exposure to receivables, inventory and payables processing.
- Compensation DOE $ DOE Month
- Address 1700 Savage Road, Richmond, BC, Canada