Requisition ID: 38361
Job Category: Construction
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Planner/Scheduler to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Vancouver.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Compile the baseline schedule then track the schedule and make necessary changes to schedule as required.
- Provide contract administration including but not limited to tender documentation, request for proposal, addendums, bid opening, evaluation, awards, meetings, change management, financial reporting and closeout.
- Report Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) as required to the owner.
- Make schedule forecasts to foresee problem areas on the schedule and notify management when these situations arise especially when they affect the critical path.
- Break schedule down into shorter terms for easier management and tracking (example: 100 day look ahead).
- Communicate with senior management in accordance with the limits of authority.
- Track actual costs of the construction activities and compare them to the budgeted costs for each work section and report accordingly.
- Compare percentage completion to date and costs for each work section to predict potential cost over runs and/or under runs as applicable.
- Prepare estimates for evaluating the cost of scope changes to the contract.
You bring to the role:
- 8-12 years of progressive experience in developing and maintaining detailed engineering, construction schedules, construction progress methodologies and earned value metrics.
- Heavy Industrial experience is an asset.
- Proficient user of P6 V8.1 at least.
- Previous experience as Planner/Scheduler on EPCM projects.
- Advance knowledge of Primavera (P6 R18).
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think globally, work locally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada