This job is 4 days/week: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 5 AM to 3:30 PM.
(The second position is on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 2 PM to 12:30 AM)
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance/Engineer is responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of all the mechanical equipment and systems in the plant and for performing daily pre-operational inspections and repairs as necessary. This position is responsible for boiler operation of a low-pressure boiler.
- Accountable for the preventative maintenance and repair of production equipment as per work order requests, equipment stoppages or breakdowns.
- Accountable to adhere to and utilize company policies and procedures and HACCP regulations.
- Accountable to ensure a safe work environment for co-workers, customers, and visitors.
- Work in a safe, responsive manner, respecting workplace safety policies and procedure.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate required, coupled with two years of experience performing repairs in a manufacturing environment
- Grade 12 Diploma or High School equivalent
- Mechanical, electrical and refrigeration systems knowledge, and an ability to use power and manual tools
- Basic computer knowledge and math skills.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Physical Effort: Continuously standing or walking. The regular requirement to lift/handle/carry material or equipment of a moderate weight
- Physical Environment: Frequent exposure to factors such as temperature variations/extremes, fumes, moving machinery, humidity and toxic materials which cause periods of extreme discomfort and/or moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention, either hearing or seeing to what is happening
- Mental Stress: there is some modest pressure from deadlines or other productivity standards. Work is somewhat repetitious.
Employees who have completed the ninety (90) day probationary period shall have the option of obtaining the following benefits:
- Extended Health Benefit on the basis of the cost share of these premiums being split fifty/fifty (50/50) between the employee and the Company
- Life Insurance on the basis of the Company paying fifty percent (50%) of these premiums
- British Columbia Medical Services Plan (MSP) premiums on the basis of one hundred percent (100%) of the cost of these premiums paid by the Company.
Job Type: Full-time.
Please send your resume to email@example.com,
- Compensation 30.73 per hour $ 30.73 per hour Month
- Address 3030 Lincoln Ave, Coquitlam, B.C. V3B 6B4, Canada
- This job has expired!