Established in 1974, we are a British Columbian seafood company specializing in the processing and sales of high-quality finfish and pelagic fish. We are a dynamic company, who strives to unlock our full potential through teamwork and working towards common goals with constantly evolving innovations, through the effective communication of knowledge.
We, a progressive fish processing plant located in Surrey, BC, are seeking a highly motivated, professional and detail orientated Production Worker / Heavy Lifter to join our team.
Include, but are not limited to;
- Working on the production line.
- Sorting fish.
- Washing baskets.
- Labeling boxes.
- Racking fish.
- De-racking fish.
- Lifting up to 25-70 pounds.
- Washing fish.
- Packing fish.
- General cleanup etc.
WORK CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Fast-paced work environment.
- Repetitive tasks.
- Handling heavy and large loads.
- Physically demanding.
- Bending, crouching and kneeling.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently, and understand verbal and written instructions.
- Must be in good health, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties of the position.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to efficiently multi-task.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Be a team player who firmly believes in the strengths of shareable knowledge.
- Have strong communication skills, with an innate positive attitude that is both personable and professional.
- Have an innovative approach to continuous improvements.
- Be reliable and punctual in attendance.
- Be available to work weekends, when required.
- Be available to join the rotation between day shift and afternoon shift.
- Be flexible, as start and end times can change.
*We offer a structured program for advancement within the organization.
*We are located on an accessible transit route.
*We have monthly staff appreciation events.
*This is a seasonal full-time position, working up to 6 days per week, 8-10 hours per day. Which is a great opportunity to work over-time and earn more!
*We pay a $0.50 cent Night Shift Premium and a $0.75 cent Heavy Lifting Premium.
- Compensation $14.45 - 14.95 CAD $14.45 - 14.95 Month
- Address 8305 128 St, Surrey, British Columbia V3W 4G1, Canada
- This job has expired!