Location: various including Highland Valley Copper, Red Dog, and other sites
Closing Date: March 31, 2021
We are currently seeking individuals for the role of Project Geologist for the 2021 Field Season.
These openings are seasonal, varying in term from 2 – 9 months and typically begin in April.
Reporting to the Senior Geologist or Senior Project Geologist, the Project Geologist will be responsible for contributing to a range of project planning and execution activities, spanning regional targeting and area selection, property-scale target delineation, prioritization and testing, as well as geoscience support for operational objectives in the brownfields environment.
- Be a Courageous Safety Leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures;
- Support exploration project initiatives, leveraging the successful candidate’s skills and experiences, including:
- Regional targeting and area selection activities;
- Project management responsibilities, including management of exploration staff, contractors and project-level exploration budgets; and
- Planning, data collection and integration of geoscience data collection campaigns, including mapping, geochemical, geophysical and drilling programs.
- Contribute to a culture of teamwork across all constituents and stakeholders and encourage cooperation and open communication.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant geoscience experience, including exposure to mineral exploration in greenfields and/or brownfields environments. Specific experience in geologic mapping, core logging, geochemical and geophysical applications is an asset;
- A university degree in geoscience or a related field is required. A relevant, advanced degree (MSc or PhD) will be considered an asset;
- Results oriented with excellent organizational, planning, management and decision-making skills;
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills and experience working with a broad range of people;
- Specific experience of working on sediment-hosted and/or magmatic-hydrothermal ore-forming systems and solid understanding of economic geology and orebody genesis;
- Ability to work effectively at a variety of scales and ability to guide exploration activities and evaluations at continent, district or deposit scales;
- Able to work a rotation schedule and live onsite in a remote camp environment;
- English language – fluent spoken and written English language skills required;
- Eligibility to work in Canada and/or the United States is required; and
- Eligibility for enrollment as a Professional Geoscientist is required.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada