At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 21 laboratories and service over 19 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
The Project Manager drives the development and execution of key strategic projects and programs for LifeLabs, as the Project Manager PMO you will develop, manage and deliver exceptional quality projects.
This is a full time permanent role and can be located either at 3680 Gilmore Way, Burnaby or our Toronto office at 100 International Boulevard.
- Manage the development and execution of projects to deliver new products or services
- Gather data and information on resource requirements from across the company and interface with subject matter experts
- Build charter and preliminary feasibility study, assess business needs, risks and resource requirements. The charter will include communication plans, timelines, metrics and targets
- Ensure quality implementation of the project scope, timelines and budget in order to meet the needs of the business
- Establish work breakdown structure and schedule projects using appropriate tools
- Provide timely status reporting including detailed progress reports on projects which are lead directly
- Hold regular project team meetings and reports within Program governance
- Identify, analyze and respond to project risk; risk mitigation and contingency management
- Define and ensure delivery of project artifacts such as documentation, operating and support procedures
- Conduct project post-implementation review and ensure learning incorporated into future projects.
- Lead the planning and execution of cross-discipline and/or cross functional projects
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Science or Engineering is preferred or an MBA with relevant work experience
- Formal Project Management training and PMP certification is preferred or equivalent experience.
- 8 years’ project management experience, healthcare or health science management experience is an asset
- Excellent facilitation and change management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Collaborator and consensus builder.
- Self-Starter constantly seeking out opportunities for program improvements.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time is a requirement
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery