Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have a clinical background with experience in a community Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU) setting? We have an exciting opportunity for a Psychiatric Liaison Nurse in our Emergency Mental Health Unit.
Fraser Health is one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people – over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and residential care facilities – all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it’s our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Build on your career experience by:
- Providing care to individuals requiring specialized mental health services
- Administering psychiatric assessments and developing care plans
- Liaising with community resources to support patients and their families
- Participating in quality improvement activities and research
- Collaborating and consulting with Emergency Department staff and other allied health department providers to assist in adapting care plans to address psychiatric needs
- Developing effective nursing crisis interventions
- Being part of a committed multidisciplinary team
- Participating in the orientation and ongoing education of nursing staff
Your background includes:
- Graduated from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing membership with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia (CRPNBC) or the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia (CRNBC)
- Recent one (1) year related experience in an acute or community Mental Health & Substance Use setting
This role is a relief part-time position located at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Care Centre (ARHCC) in Abbotsford, BC., which is a 272 bed, University of British Columbia affiliated hospital offering medical, surgical, obstetrics, inpatient pediatrics, renal, cardiology, tertiary palliative care, helipad, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 79,289 visits annually. Abbotsford is a flourishing community with breath-taking scenic views. It is home to the Abbotsford International Airport, the fastest growing airport in western Canada, and the annual Abbotsford International Air Show.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role.
Take the next step and apply so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
- Compensation $33.56 - $44.06 / hour