Calkins & Burke Limited is a leader in providing food products to major retail and food service distributors throughout the world. We offer a variety of food items, with specialties in seafood, processed fruits and vegetables and organics in many different packaging options. Our team ensures our customers items meet quality inspections, are compliant with government standards and delivered as needed. With our strong work ethic and positive environment, we offer long-term work opportunities and encourage work-life balance.
We are looking to fill a full-time QA Technician position. Hours of work in our office environment are regular daytime hours from Monday-Friday. This position is suitable for a recent graduate.
- Develop product specifications and nutritional information for new and existing products
- Prepare samples for internal product evaluation
- Review product labels to ensure compliance to current regulations
- Research different Canadian and U.S.A. regulations to validate product conformity
- Handle customer complaints and liaise with internal/external parties on their investigation
- Maintain accurate product information on various specification databases
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Food Science preferred. Consideration will be given to those with post-secondary education in similar disciplines
- Minimum 1-year related work experience preferred
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written)
- Strong attention to details with exceptional accuracy
- Great organization and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in MS Office programs, such as Excel and Word
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as within a team environment
- Sound problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under pressure and able to adapt to changing priorities
If you feel you would be a great candidate for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting REF #: 1909-QA in the subject line. In your cover letter, please answer the following question: What interests you about the food industry?
Submission deadline: 4:00pm, Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019.
Potential applicants will be contacted via e-mail to set up interviews. For all others, we thank you in advance for applying.
- Address Vancouver, BC, Canada
- This job has expired!