About the Job:
IDMYS primarily operates in a live-in shift capacity. A live-in shift is billed at a flat daily rate and provides the employee with room and board for the duration of their shift. Shifts are typically 24 or 16 hours in length and include sleeping hours. Full time in a live-in shift capacity is considered to be three 24 hour shifts a week; anything less is considered to be part time.
Hourly shifts are also available but are not as common as live-in shifts. Full time in an hourly capacity is considered to be 40 hours a week; anything less is considered to be part time.
IDM Youth Services Inc. has regular opportunities for advancement and offers training certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
We are currently hiring for full time and part time positions.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Youth Support Worker is responsible for the following:
- Providing an environment that is safe, comfortable, and homelike.
- Attending to the daily functioning of the home, such as: cooking, cleaning, laundry, and driving.
- Supporting the person served in attending appointments and/or school, day programs, work, etc.
- Providing emotional and behavioural support when needed.
- Encouraging positive community involvement when applicable.
- Supporting the positive connections with family and friends when applicable.
- Communicating with external stakeholders as needed.
- Daily resident logging.
- Administering medications as needed.
Compensation and hours:
24 hour shifts, 8:00AM – 8:00AM are paid at a flat daily rate of $215 – $250 ($245 – $280 for weekend shifts)
16 hour shifts, 4:00PM – 8:00AM are paid at a flat daily rate of $135 – 145 ($150 – $160 for weekend shifts)
Hourly shifts are paid at an hourly rate of $18.25 – $20.00
Requirements of the job:
- Current First Aid (or willing to obtain)
- Current Food Safe (or willing to obtain)
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Clean Criminal Record Check (completed with the agency.)
- Clearance through the Ministry Screening (completed with the agency.)
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training (or willing to obtain – IDMYS provides internal training as well).
- TB Test
- Experience working with at-risk youth and/or people who have experienced trauma and exhibit extreme behaviour, and have mental health diagnosis, etc.
- Experience administering and documenting daily medications.
- Experience working with suicide prevention and self-harm behaviour
- Completed, or are in the process of completing, a degree or diploma in a related field (education, psychology, child and youth care, counselling).
- Address Victoria, BC V9B 2G3, Canada
- This job has expired!