STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain. Effective October 17, 2018 the LDB has added wholesaling and retailing of non-medical cannabis –named LDB Cannabis Operations to the existing business of wholesaling and retailing of Liquor.
LDB’s Information Technology Division (IT) provides reliable, responsive and secure systems and services to support LDB in operational excellence and delivering superior customer service.
The LDB’s Information Technology Division consists of six departments and 23 distinctive units, with 200+ FTEs. IT has adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages a combination of internal and external expertise, including outsourced services, contracted services and shared services, to deliver the IT mandate of supporting current operations and future business needs. Strategic plans, governance of standards and risk management are all developed internally to support Divisional and Corporate goals.
The Business Systems Analyst provides analysis and consulting services to plan on-going business and technology needs consistent with BC Liquor Distribution Branch’s strategic plans.
This position evaluates small to medium business systems initiatives and ensures clients requirements and priorities are understood and met throughout the systems development life cycle. The position is responsible for completing detailed end-to-end business analysis on small to medium business systems initiatives, obtaining clear definition of business requirements, developing cost-benefit/alternative analysis, risk assessments, recommendations, and preparing branch standard documentation. The position also identifies time frames, resources/ budget requirements and presents findings to both Information Services and the business.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement of this competition. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
An eligibility list may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline and/or certification in business analysis (e.g. Certified Business Analysis Professional, Certified Competency in Business Analysis) combined with a minimum of three years of recent, related experience*. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
*Recent, related experience must include:
- Business analysis including working with business users and subject matter experts to produce requirement, gap analysis, business process design, business rules and other analysis work products.
- Experience with each phase of the project management life cycle and systems development life cycle.
Preference may be given to those candidates with experience working with one or more of the following business systems and processes:
- Retail – POS, Inventory, Pricing, Markup/Promotions, Marketing, Merchandising, Replenishment, Workforce Management, Space Planning, Assortment Planning.
- Expert knowledge of the following tools: MS Office, MS Project, VISIO
- Knowledge of IT systems and trends in information technology
- Knowledge of business modeling tools and techniques
- Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis methodology
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile system development methodologies
Preference may be given to those candidates with knowledge of:
- Branch and Government business systems and processes (i.e. RFP, Budgeting) preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage concurrent activities and meet timelines.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal /relationship management skills to gain acceptance from all levels within the organization of planning strategies, recommended solutions and getting agreement on priorities and requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate complex information effectively with all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills and analysis/problem solving skills to make appropriate business recommendations.
- Strong ability to produce detailed written documentation.
- Compensation $63,973.31 - $72,937.86 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment $ $63,973.31 - $72,937.86 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment Month
- Address 3383 Gilmore Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada