Requisition ID: 244287
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
- No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
- Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
- Position Title: Developer Intern
- Location: Vancouver
- Expected start date to end date: May 4, 2020 – January 1, 2021
Purpose & Objective of Position
The SAP UA (User Assistance) Team is looking for a dedicated, self-motivated individual who is interested in technology, design, web development, and technical communication.
As a Developer on the SAP User Assistance DevOps Team, you will be working on SAP's next generation suite of user assistance technology. Your work will span across cloud and mobile applications.
Expectations & Tasks
- Responsible for both front and back-end software development and testing tasks. Ability to analyze and solve bugs and issues with software architecture.
- Demonstrates full responsibility for accepted tasks and therefore demonstrates a high level of quality, speed, reliability and efficiency.
- Works closely together with other team members to ensure the team success. Enhances skills beyond own core functional focus and works on other tasks for the benefit of the team.
Who you are:
Skills / Competencies
- Understanding of object oriented programming
- Proficiency in JAVA
- Knowledge of databases and different data structures..
- Strong communication skills with ability to present ideas and concepts to internal team
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest technology trends
- Good understanding devOps development model
- Good understanding of automated testing and deployment concepts
- Knowledge of XML
- Knowledge of DITA and Open Toolkit
Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program which is applicable to the position.
Can commit for an 8-month full time internship starting May 2020
What you can expect from us:
- An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy
- Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
- Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
- Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
- Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas and candy
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery