Requisition ID: 88265
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what’s right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice – one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a “can-do” attitude.
This Investment Associate’s primary purpose is to facilitate a four person team’s growth in capacity, execution and professional expertise. This is a hybrid role for an experienced Licensed Associate that can provide timely administrative support when needed, support the team’s advisors in delivering class-leading client service as well as take an active role in portfolio modelling and account rebalancing of a concentrated stock and fixed income portfolio.
The position is ideally suited to a strong self-motivated individual who thrives in the demanding environment of a growing team, is passionate about the financial services industry and is eager to expand their knowledge and responsibility.
Ideal candidates for the role will also have strong communication and organizational skills and work well within a team structure.
• Portfolio Management Operations Support:
Model and monitor client portfolios using Charles River
Rebalance accounts based on client changes and target models.
Maintaining a good understanding of client profiles and that of the Advisor’s investment strategy used to implement client objectives and reach their goals.
Managing the execution of transactions on behalf of the Advisor when needed.
• Maintains Regulatory Oversight by:
Ensuring the suitability of client recommendations and trades as per PortfolioAid, and that they are in line with clients’ financial goals, objectives, and risk levels.
Ensuring non-solicited trades meet the clients risk tolerance.
Ensuring all queries are answered and closed.
Maintain research files for positions not covered under GPAG recommendations.
Understanding how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk
• Ensures a High Level of Client Service by:
Implementing service level expectations as set out in collaboration with the advisor.
Preparing, analyzing, and presenting reports and recommendations to clients.
Working with the Advisor to develop and to distribute client communications and marketing materials.
Providing recommendations to Advisor for improvements of the team’s business processes.
• Working closely with relationship managers and specialists in order to drive the business forward.
• Coordinate and Execute Business Development by:
Managing marketing programs, including development, approvals and implementation.
Developing content and maintaining Team website and related marketing materials.
Contribute to the effective functioning of the Branch Team by
• Collaborating with other assistants on the team and be willing to share workloads when necessary.
• Regularly reviewing practices to ensure administrative processes are streamlined, administrative tasks are being completed, and logging work for tracking purposes.
• Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and business partners across the bank.
• Maintaining a high level of customer service and facilitating a culture of openness and honesty.
• Actively participating and contributing to team meetings and other touch-points with team members.
• Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches.
• Actively sharing knowledge and experience in order to enhance the development of all team members.
• Developing and executing meaningful employee development plans.
• Championing a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
• Championing a client focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader relationships, systems and knowledge within Scotia Wealth Management
• The investment associate acts independently on the accountabilities of their particular role as agreed upon with the advisor (i.e segment of the book of business, generating desired planning opportunities, etc…)
• The investment associate will review and/or escalate to an advisor any client issues that may put the firm, the advisor, or the bank at risk
• The Investment Associate will work regularly with Microsoft Office Suite of Products, Charles River ( trading platform), Salesforce (CRM) and other related software, applications and resources to support the business.
• Licensing with IIROC as a Registered Representative is a requirement of the role
Education/ Work Experience
• 5 years of industry experience.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Takes initiative and effectively works independently.
• Strong ability to maintain deadlines.
• Understands industry and firm’s compliance regulations & requirements.
• In-depth industry knowledge.
• Canadian Securities Course Completion (CSC)
• Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH)
• Wealth Management Essentials (WME)
• Registered Representative Training (RRT)
• Relevant licensing as required by the Advisor’s business.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
- Address 650 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery