Informed decision-making is at the heart of any successful company. As a member of Best Buy Canada’s Accounting Team, you’ll get to put your knowledge of best practices into practice and play a crucial role in helping to grow our business.
The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring that Best Buy Canada’s financial statements are timely, relevant, accurate and in accordance with US GAAP and Best Buy Enterprise policy. You will lead a diverse team of 6-8 direct reports who deal with highly specialized and complex areas of accounting and will collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders, anticipate and proactively addresses issues and advise on ways to improve processes.
As a Senior Accounting Manager you will…
- Oversee the monthly GL reconciliation process, Balance Sheet and P&L variance analysis, journal entries, general ledger accountants and annual budgets prepared by associates
- Manage resources to ensure that deadlines are met for month-end closing confirming that accounting for assigned areas of responsibility is in compliance with US GAAP
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and cross-functional teams both internationally and locally applying professional judgment in accounting for new business opportunities and processes impacting areas of responsibility
- Design and implement SOX & non-SOX processes related to financial statements, vendor and inventory support and month-end reporting to ensure compliance with SOPs and US GAAP
- Build a best-in-class controllership team, through an ongoing system of recruitment, development, recognition and performance management
- Assist the Director, Controllership with reporting requirements and other tasks. Completes special projects and ad-hoc duties as assigned, including US GAAP accounting research and recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness
We hope you are passionate about…
- Relationship Building – You are an influencer, able to build trust and make connections with all levels of a business
- People Management – empowering employees is your passion. You derive your energy from developing a strong workforce and are willing to take ownership of your team
- Continuous Change & Improvement – you want to make a difference, take the lead on complex projects and think strategically to make necessary change happen
- Innovation – you thrive in fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving and changing; willingness to embrace and drive change is critical
The experience we need…
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience in a mid-large size organization
- 3+ years of leadership experience managing a team
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP
- You have or are pursuing an accounting designation (e.g. CPA, CA)
- Experience working in a retail environment
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office and experience with various BI tools
Best Buy Canada is proud to be a pre-approved CPA program route office (PPR). We are an excellent alternative to gaining the relevant experience you need traditionally offered by public accounting firms. In a PPR position, you will gain relevant experience in to meet the practical experience requirements within the CPA certification program. We offer formal CPA training and paid time to study and write exams.
- Address 8800 Glenlyon Pkwy, Burnaby, BC, Canada
- This job has expired!