Why join the Metrie Team?
Since 1926, Metrie Canada has been a leading manufacturer and distributor of interior finishings. We are a family-owned and private company with multiple locations across North America, striving to inspire designers, architects and homeowners. Our dedication to creating high-quality, finely crafted architectural elements has helped us grow to become the largest supplier and manufacturer of solid wood and composite moulding in North America.
We strive to be a talent-advantaged organization. As a member of the Metrie team, you’ll see attainable goals that call upon your talents and skills. Metrie offers a great mix of total rewards for your contributions and exciting opportunities to collaborate with smart and passionate colleagues. Come join our team and help us continue our history of success!
What will you be doing in the Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (6-Month Contract) position?
The Senior Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for training and mentoring new hires, maintaining SAP accounts payable training documentation, completing payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. S/he will work closely with the Finance and Operations teams to ensure that invoices, employee expenses, and other disbursements are paid in a timely and appropriate manner, and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits. The successful candidate must have a solid understanding of full-cycle accounts payable.
The Senior Accounts Payable Clerk will report directly to the Accounts Payable Supervisor. The role will be based out of our Vancouver (B.C.) Head Office location. This is a 6-month contract with the potential of growing into a full-time permanent role.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring all key processes are fully documented and team members are effectively cross-trained.
- Provide technical guidance to other Accounts Payable Team members.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing cheques; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Process employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing cheques.
- Post journal entries relating to inter-company transactions.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Manage the GR/IR accounting ledger and act as a liaison with the Procurement Department and Distribution Centre’s to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the account.
- Maintain and serve as point of contact with Vendors, Employees and Management concerning AP issues.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Review and analyze AP aging and other AP reports.
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Review annual 1099’s for accuracy and timely reporting.
- Perform special projects and other accounting and finance duties, as assigned.
What background will make you successful?
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years prior accounts payable experience in a high volume environment.
- Post-secondary education an asset.
- Proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Experience with SAP and Concur an asset.
- A customer focused approach to dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience managing teams.
How to submit your interest?
To apply for this exciting opportunity at Metrie, please submit your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources team in confidence by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. While we greatly appreciate your interest and application, please be advised that we will only be responding to candidates selected for further consideration.
Metrie is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
- Image Gallery