At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 21 laboratories and service over 19 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers.
With over 5,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
As the Senior IT Business Analyst, you will perform business analysis related to the specification, design, and implementation of applications and manage low to medium complex technical projects and integrations with existing systems.
This is a full time permanent role located at 3680 Gilmore Way, Burnaby.
- Work with internal and external business customers, subject matter experts to analyze and document needs and requirements in a way that is intuitive for downstream development effort
- Lead and facilitate functional as well as non-functional solution development sessions to evoke effective customer feedback
- Effectively manage customer expectation in solution development
- Contribute to IT solution quality by assisting in the development of quality test plans and participate in testing processes
- Represent IT organization in operational readiness to ensure IT solution life cycle sustainability
- Provide ongoing support solution and make recommendations to the management team of type of support required
- Contribute to business and technical studies, design, develop and implement solutions
- Act as a conduit between internal/external client and solution
- May act as the single point of contact for customers, vendors, support personnel, developers and software testers during all phases of a project – candidate will be working with project manager
- Provide 2nd level application support for LifeLabs’ pre-post IT portfolio and act as customer advocate for incident, problem, and change management to ensure accurate and timely delivery of patient records
- Working with Medical Scientific Affairs and Quality Regulatory Affairs – ie: providing escalation support, building/developing new tests, supporting new genetics initiative Ensure all activities performed comply with specified control procedures, system validation requirements, policies and standards
- Assume additional duties as required (include but not limited to develop and maintain SOPs and coordination with other development teams)
- University degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems or equivalent education
- A minimum 3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst or Project Lead is required within IT
- Experience in healthcare would be an asset
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life cycle (SDLC)
- Strong research, analytical, data collection and problem solving skills with the ability to make independent judgments
- A strong negotiator who can optimize results that are a win/win for all stakeholders
- Requires excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to handle projects of intermediate to difficult level of complexity
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels of the organization to deliver results
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery