Requisition ID: 68548
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The incumbent is responsible for the safe, profitable growth of the Commercial Real Estate portfolio in the assigned market area. He/she is responsible for meeting negotiated goals. These goals may include specific portfolio asset growth goals, along with other objectives related to customer service, human resource management, operational effectiveness and personal development. Aiming to exceed customer expectations you acquire new relationships and grow existing relationships by providing customized and creative financial solutions to businesses, while maintaining and ensuring credit quality and the overall profitability of relationships.
The Senior Client Relationship Manager is responsible for contributing to the overall success of Real Estate Banking by meeting his/her negotiated goals and objectives and managing a portfolio of accounts.
• Develop the tactical strategies to support the overall strategy for the Real Estate Banking area and the achievement of the business objectives by:
• Reviewing input from a variety of sources including team members, customers, competitive intelligence etc
• Conceptualizing objectives and prioritizing initiatives
• Anticipating and planning for potential opportunities and risks
• Recommending initiatives and providing input to the VP Real Estate Banking, as appropriate
• Lead the implementation of the tactical strategies and initiatives in the assigned market area by:
• Defining clearly, roles, tasks and expectations
• Obtaining agreement from Direct Reports and/or other stakeholders to ensure successful implementation
• Deploying/engaging resources to support the strategies (i.e. reassigning complement, contracting services from Shared Services, etc)
• Motivating and focussing the efforts of Direct Reports
• Resolving issues/negotiating compromises between team members and partners from other Scotiabank Groups (i.e. Global Risk Management, Retail and Small Business Banking, etc) to meet objectives/overcome obstacles, guiding team members to alternatives if required
• Acting decisively in order to move strategies and initiatives forward in a timely manner
• Escalating issues/obstacles/trends to the VP Real Estate Banking as appropriate with recommendations/solutions
• Negotiated goals and objectives include:
• Financial objectives for the team that consist of new loan acceptances, NIAT, and referrals to other departments within the Bank and growth of deposit balances.
• Non-financial objectives that consist of customer service, operational effectiveness and personal development.
• Maintain a high market profile within the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts by:
• Identifying key business contacts within the market area
• Building and maintaining relationships with key players/contacts
• Identifying and facilitating the involvement of appropriate level team members and other stakeholders to further business interests
• Managing a portfolio of accounts includes:
• Providing customized and creative financial solutions to satisfy clients needs, and delivering a consistent customer service experience.
• Maintaining credit quality and profitability of customer relationships.
• Monitoring all accounts to ensure the Bank’s security position remains within guidelines, all conditions are met, and timely action has been taken with sundry maintenance items such as maturity dates and annual reviews.
• Contribute to the development and profitable growth of the real estate portfolio by:
• Preparing credit presentations that are concisely written and structured in accordance with Bank standards and completed in a timely fashion.
• Performing due diligence in evaluating information to ensure the major issues and inherent risks that are critical to a sound credit decision have been identified and material facts verified.
• Properly evaluating risk by thoroughly considering the strengths of and major issues relating to the project, the experience and worth of the proponent, and cash flow and asset cover (including alternate sources of repayment).
• Provide effective account management and safeguard the Bank’s assets and liabilities by:
• Acquiring and maintaining a sound knowledge of the Bank’s policies and procedures.
• Ensuring all compliance policies are followed including the Bank’s Know Your Customer guidelines.
• Following the Bank’s Anti Money Laundering program and Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Remaining well informed on business conditions and the real estate industry generally.
• Being decisive by fully understanding the credit transaction, including the risk involved, and making clear and independent recommendations on all credit applications or loan actions.
• Recognizing problem accounts at an early stage and taking appropriate action to protect the Bank’s interests by implementing an action plan to correct the situation or exit the loan as appropriate.
• Ensuring customer defects for both business and collateral documentation are kept to a minimum, and promptly taking action to correct or resolve any defects identified.
• Tracking and responding quickly to negative trends identified, including the re-assessment of IG code ratings as appropriate.
• Deliver a consistent customer service experience by:
• Acquiring and maintaining a sound knowledge of the Bank’s products and services.
• Following Scotiabank’s One Team One Goal core values.
• Actively seeking customer feedback on Bank products and the delivery of customer service.
• Ensuring high service standards are maintained, including meeting deadlines on customer requests.
• Having a sound knowledge and understanding of the Borrower’s past performance and the variables that will impact on future results.
• Support the business development activities of the Bank by:
• Taking a positive approach to business and identifying new business opportunities with proper focus on profitability and risk.
• Researching, preparing and conducting sales calls and site visits.
• Monitoring customers’ needs and cross selling Bank services.
• Identifying and referring sales opportunities to other departments in the Bank, including Global Transaction Banking, Private Banking, Commercial and Retail Banking, and Scotia Capital/Capital Markets.
• Maintaining an ongoing pipeline of business, including customers and active prospects.
• Establishing and maintaining effective external contacts.
• Support the Real Estate Banking Team’s activities by:
• Demonstrating a team oriented approach through a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
• Earning respect from, and demonstrating respect for others.
• Maintaining effective, open communication and an atmosphere conductive to teamwork and success.
• Displaying proper attention to training and development of self.
• University degree plus 3 – 5 yrs. of direct experience in real estate lending
• Proven business development and sales management skills
• Strong negotiating and problem solving skills in the handling of complex selling situations, credit structuring, pricing of credits, management and collection of problem accounts.
• Demonstrated skills in writing, financial analysis and risk assessment
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of real estate lending
• Strong personal and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with clients
• Proven staff motivation ability, as well as strong communication skills
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 650 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery