STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. The LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 liquor retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and have the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 license establishments. The LDB is also responsible for the distribution of non-medical cannabis including wholesale, e-commerce and brick and mortar stores.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain.
At the Liquor Distribution Branch, we are driven by innovation and have a passion for the future and are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Audit, the Senior Corporate Auditor is responsible for conducting comprehensive audits to ensure the integrity of the LDB’s financial, operational and information system-related internal controls. The Senior Auditor also contributes to the development of audit plans, provides advice and guidance regarding all aspects of internal controls, and complies with audit policy guidelines. To achieve objectives, the position works with a wide network of internal and external contacts.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
A criminal record check is required. An eligibility list may be established. This position is excluded from union membership.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a professional accounting designation: (i.e. CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) and the obtainment of the CISA or CIA certification within two (2) years from hire date.
- A minimum of two years of recent (within the past 4 years), related experience: leading and conducting audits related to the evaluation of financial, operational and information system internal controls
- Preference may be given to candidates with project management certification (i.e. PMP) and/or experience conducting project assurance reviews
- Preference may be given to candidates with a Certified Fraud Examiner designation (i.e. CFE) and/or experience conducting fraud audits
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience in the beverage alcohol industry or a similar large supply chain environment
- Auditing standards (International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing)
- Accounting standards (GAAP, IFRS) and standard techniques for financial and operational reporting
- Modern auditing techniques, tools and procedures including data extraction tools, using computer assisted auditing techniques, risk identification, and mapping to key controls; fraud detection and indicators
- Corporate governance including best practices in business processes designed to safeguard corporate assets, comply with corporate/legal/regulatory requirements, maintain integrity in corporate and financial information, sound system security and management practices, risk assessment and management
- LDB mandate, business plan and priorities
- Project management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail when communicating
- Excellent interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate complex information in a manner than can be understood by the audience
- Ability to manage projects
- Compensation $65,600.24 - $90,900.08 annually $ $65,600.24 - $90,900.08 annually Month
- Address 3383 Gilmore Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada
- This job has expired!