Company: Coast Capital Savings Auto & Equipment Finance
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), 1515 Douglas St Administration
Job Type: Contractor
Posting End Date:
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The Senior Credit Analyst is accountable for analyzing credit submissions from the Direct or Indirect sales group and other channels as requested, with a primary focus on complex submissions due to Exposure, Asset Type, and Industry of the Applicant. They will leverage their knowledge and experience in equipment leasing to exercise good judgment in providing approvals for qualified loans/leases within assigned lending limits and according to CTG Policy and Procedures. They will also review credit submissions prepared by CTG Credit Analysts that are above the Credit Analyst’s underwriting authority for completeness, compliance with Policy, and the overall recommendation. Further, they will assist with development and delivery of equipment loan/lease training process, including systems training. Finally, the Senior Credit Analyst will act as a resource to CTG with respect to credit policies and procedures.
What you’ll get to do:
- Effectively communicates credit decisions to applicable staff in a clear, concise and respectful manner.
- Maintains regular contact and a reciprocal relationship on behalf of the CTG with various outside agencies and related offices (e.g.: Law Firms, Brokers, other Credit Unions etc.).
- Provides timely and accurate application adjudication as detailed in CTG Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for identifying and referring opportunities for additional business to partners within CCS while maintaining a credit culture of balancing risk with reward.
- Review the credit adjudication of CTG Credit Analysts which are outside of the Analysts credit authority for completeness, compliance with CTG Policies and Procedures, and the overall recommendation on the submission.
- Possess approval authority towards the satisfaction of Credit Conditions on Approvals within their lending authority limit.
- Lending limits up to $750,000.00, depending on experience level and aptitude.
- Review Applications and supporting documentation within CTG’s Fraud Risk Management Guidelines, identifying situations where fraudulent and/or money laundering activities are potentially occuring, and forwarding concerns to Senior Management and CCS Fraud Management.
- Possess approval authority on exceptions to CTG Policy/Procedures related to the Credit Adjudication of a submission delivered from CTG Credit Analysts.
- Conducts credit adjudication on Credit Submissions from both the Direct and Indirect sales group, completing the review based upon assigned lending limits and according to CTG Policy & Procedures.
- Completes the Credit Review package, including the proposed financing structure with recommendation for approval, within Group Risk Management where the aggregate total exposure exceeds $1,000,000.
- Participate in a variety of projects which impact upon the Credit Group.
- Contribute in the ongoing review of CTG credit policies and procedures, including Credit Appetite relating to Industry, Asset, and Geography.
- Assist in the development and delivery of equipment loan/lease training process for new members to the Credit Group, including systems training.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5 – 7 Years of Experience in Credit Adjudication (retail and commercial reviews), with preference being given to those applicants having at least 2 years current experience in the equipment finance industry.
- High School Diploma plus completion of a Diploma Program (two years of formal education or equivalent).
- Preference with be given to those who hold a degree or professional designation in a related field. Successful completion of all in-house commercial /equipment Lending courses, or equivalent work experience.
- Expert understanding of the Loans Origination System.
- Proficient knowledge of PC’s; including a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of presentation equipment and software.
- Expert understanding of Compass Application System as well as the LeasePlus system.
- Advanced financial services background.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects and functions of CTG lease/ lending products, policies and procedures.
- Expert knowledge in a variety of matters that impact upon Credit Evaluation including the assets being reviewed and their values, the industries financed, the work programs within those industries, and the general economic conditions within Canada.
- Advanced knowledge of Financial Statements and advance ability to discern and understand the information contained therein.
- Sound knowledge of CTG’s Credit Appetite and Approved Asset Listing.
- Advanced knowledge of risk management as it relates to credit underwriting.
- Expert interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Willingness to work on a team in a busy, ever changing, and occasionally stressful environment.
- Advanced organizational and time management abilities.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.