STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17.
The LDB is also confirmed as the sole wholesaler of Cannabis products in British Columbia, and will be opening Cannabis retail operations and e-commerce operations beginning in 2018. The LDB has a workforce of over 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 198 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
The Senior Manager, Organizational Development and Change provide advice and guidance regarding organizational development, change and employee engagement programs. The Senior Manager oversees the day to day responsibilities of the organizational development and change team, ensuring smooth and efficient execution of duties to keep the organization’s workforce at peak performance.
The Senior Manager plays a critical role in strategic program development, projects and continuous improvements that improve operations and align to the organizational goals and strategies.
The Senior Manager, Organizational Development and Change reports to the Director, Organizational Development and Change, and applies an understanding of LDB operations and comprehensive knowledge of PSA policies, collective and component agreements to manage the provision of services within the position’s area of responsibility. This position must establish and maintain links with:
- LDB Executive and Managers – proactively builds relationships, learns operational requirements and understands client’s needs and expectations to provide consultative services regarding all aspects of learning and performance.
- Public Service Agency (PSA) – liaises with PSA representatives to consult on issues and to obtain information and implement changes as per PSA policies.
- LDB Employees – provides information regarding the application of policies and other ad hoc meetings as required.
Education and Recent, Related Experience:
A post-secondary degree and/or diploma in a related field, with several years of progressive leadership experience that includes the following:
- Providing organizational development and change services to a large, multifaceted organization;
- Leading, supporting, and developing direct and indirect reports within a structured organization, and managing multi-tiered support service teams;
- Effectively consulting with and guiding senior leadership teams to develop employees to drive efficiencies and enhance services to further the goals of the organization and teams;
- Championing continuous improvements within a department to reflect the changing needs of the organization.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Management framework (including learning, organizational development and change management policies, procedures and standards).
- Working knowledge of a Human Resource Information System, PeopleSoft preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen to support the delivery of services, solutions and results.
- Demonstrated ability to consult, develop and maintain positive working relationships with external and internal customers/clients.
- Excellent ability to facilitate dialogue and resolution of complex issues with a wide variety of stakeholders, including senior executives.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated management leadership abilities; ability to lead, direct and develop a team effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to understand broad HR issues and apply innovative approaches to finding solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to communicate analytical/data driven recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple issues with tight timelines, adjusting quickly to changing priorities.
- Compensation $76,200.06 - $105,700.02 annually $ $76,200.06 - $105,700.02 annually Month
- Address 3383 Gilmore Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada
- This job has expired!