Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
RDS powers some of the most important internet companies on Earth. We provide a simple-to-use and reliable relational database provisioning and management service on top of PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL, in addition to our own highly scalable database product, RDS Aurora. Our goal is to be the best DBA a customer can find, providing the best database technology in the world, enabling companies to accelerate their growth and maintain as many 9’s of reliability and uptime as they need on their most crucial systems. Customers use RDS in thousands of different ways for experimentation, startup acceleration and mission-critical enterprise workloads, in fields as varied as tax preparation, space mission data analysis, business analytics, IOT data processing and social networks, to name a few. We run the largest database fleet in the world, and we work hard to deliver features, security, durability, availability, performance and scalability to our customers every day. Amazon RDS is one of the largest and fastest-growing businesses in the AWS cloud with no end in sight as businesses are rediscovering the strength of relational databases and the easy application development that leverages mutable schemas, scalable ACID transactions, and modern language interfaces such as JSON.
Joining the RDS team gives you the opportunity to:
· Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its very early stages
· Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
· Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
· Have direct impact on hundreds and thousands of users of AWS database services
· Be involved in the fast growing, big data space – learn from the experts
In this position, you will play a pivotal role defining product requirements, go-to-market strategy, and tirelessly champion the needs of our customers. Given the breadth of the service we are building this role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You’ll work with our customers, partners, software vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and information technology. Past experience in the database area is a plus, but not required.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
· Creating the product strategy for the new service that appeals to unique needs and requirements of Enterprise customers
· Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
· Launching the vision, product strategy and road map for our products and working with key stakeholders in the company to deliver on that vision, e.g. sales, partner team, international site leaders, etc.
· Defining product requirements documents based on an intimate knowledge of the specific market segments, target customers, and product
· Responsible for the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to insure that sales, SAs, Pro Serve, and the partner teams have what they need to be successful
· Driving sales by enabling business development and sales teams, leading calls with key customers, creating tools to support the success, helping to identify opportunities to increase that success
· Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
· Research and identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers
· 6+ years in product management or product marketing is required
· Bachelor degree in a related field is required
· MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
· Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services.
· Understanding of the Enterprise services space, particularly database and analytics.
· Experience with building products and services for partners, resellers, managed services providers, and consulting companies
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
· Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
· Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
· Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
· Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Address 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada