Requisition ID: 35023
Job Category: Engineering; Infrastructure; Project Engineering; Project Management
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Project Manager – Marine Terminals' Bulk Materials Handling to join the Infrastructure group in our Ports & Marine team in the Vancouver, B.C. location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will be expected to provide professional engineering services to effectively manage and lead the preparation of studies, analysis and designs associated with ports and bulk materials handling projects around the world.
The candidate should be experienced with planning, concept design, analysis and detailed design services for the development of dry/liquid bulk materials handling, container, oil and gas, and general cargo terminal developments. Experience managing multidisciplinary teams throughout all phases of project development is an important attribute.
- Serve as Project Manager for ports and materials handling projects
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Carry out peer reviews of ongoing technical packages as required
- Estimate level of effort for tasks and manage to budget
- Promote and support technical excellence and quality of work
- Support constructability and safety reviews of projects
- Develop client relations
- Track and follow markets and opportunities in the region & sector
- Promote Hatch’s extensive project design and delivery services with clients
- Provide input and strategy to proposal preparation
- Be aware of industry technical requirements, trends and opportunities
- Connection and visibility with industry business and technical leaders
- Direct and participate in professional excellence groups
- Identify and develop knowledge of junior staff
- Assist with staff development and recruitment
You bring to the role:
- University degree in Structural, Marine Structures or Mechanical Engineering
- 15 years’ experience with similar projects/scope
- Registered P. Eng. in BC or another Canadian province
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada