YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 29 million passengers by 2020! Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 12 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Senior Technical Analyst in the Innovative Travel Solutions (ITS) Department. ITS is a business unit within Vancouver International Airport and is responsible for developing and delivering industry-leading travel technology that enhances the overall traveller experience and airport performance at YVR and at other airports around the world.
Reporting to the Manager, Innovative Travel Solutions, the successful candidate is responsible for delivering key technical components of projects from inception to completion, including opportunity identification, initiative planning, project scope definition, scheduling, implementation and evaluation of a growing number of key mission critical systems for ITS and its stakeholders. This role supports both the Operations and Development teams in the deployment and operation of all program systems, assisting in automating and streamlining our operations and processes in our Development, QA, Staging, Test and Production environments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participating in building the strategy, process and operations of systems and solutions for existing and new countries/customers
- Acting as the technical lead to design, implement and ensure efficient maintenance of high availability and backup to all ITS solutions
- Overseeing any changes impacting development and operations, including technology roadmap and third-party hardware/software life cycle
- Creating and maintaining customer support documentation
- Participating in new country and government technical engagements to discover scope of integration work required, and acting as technical lead to integrate ITS Systems with government and/or customer computer systems
- Acting as the primary point of contact between government/customer and internal ITS team to ensure conformity to the Interface Control Document
- Keeping up with the latest trends and best practices, vendor updates and professional certifications
Key qualifications include:
- At least three years’ recent network infrastructure, storage & data centre infrastructure, web services (IIS) experience, supplemented by a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience with relational databases and/or message queueing/caching, Object Oriented Programming, two-way SSL certificate configuration, and Cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS or Azure)
- Experience with building/managing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with subversion/source-code control, and release management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal skills in order to liaise between internal teams, customers and government entities
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience, with strong time management skills
- Experience with systems integration and deployment in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on-call, shared responsibility for supporting a 24×7 environment
- Ability to travel on a quarterly basis, sometimes internationally
This position is open to Vancouver Airport Authority employees and to external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.
- Address 13211 Grant McConachie Way, Richmond, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery