AWS Lambda (https://aws.amazon.com/lambda) is changing the way we think about computing in the cloud. Serverless computing offers customers an exciting new way to create applications, turn business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without requiring them to be experts in distributed systems, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management.
The Event Bridge team in AWS Lambda is making it even easier for developers to build new applications or extend existing systems using serverless technology, by seamlessly integrating services such as DynamoDB, Kinesis, S3, and SQS as “Lambda Event Sources”. Our growing team in Seattle has an opening for an experienced engineer who can help us extend to other data sources to help customers build data driven applications.
Why would you want to join our team?
If you are passionate about solving hard technical problems in the distributed systems space and want your work to make an immediate impact in the real world, this is the place for you. We solve problems on par with leading academic research for the benefit of customers who celebrate our feature launches on social media, constantly demand new features, and – through adoption – force us to invent new ways to scale our systems. If going deep to optimize for scale, latency, and resource usage excites you as much as working backwards from the customer to develop features that not only work, but delight, then join us in making Lambda the most successful compute platform on the planet!
What does it take to succeed in this role?
In addition to meeting the technical qualifications, you need to be creative, responsible, and able to dig deep into emerging technologies. Willing to read research papers, but also move quickly to turn ideas into code that solves customer problems. You should be excited (and a little frightened) by the enormous scale at which we operate. A natural problem solver, who wants to understand business problems, operational issues, and software architecture, and how all three connect. Curious about our customers’ needs and dedicated to turning developers into raving fans. Excited to learn from others while bringing your own novel capabilities and
perspectives. Someone who makes the team room both productive and fun to work in.
If this is you, come help us and work with industry leaders to tackle exciting large-scale distributed problems in a quickly evolving environment that is defining the future of software architecture.
Lambda is seeing an adoption rate on par with when AWS launched EC2. It’s exciting times with a lot of room to grow.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 3-5+ years relevant work experience.
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving.
· Extensive knowledge and deep understanding of at least one modern programming language, such as Java, Scala, C++, or C#.
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
· Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, source control management, automated testing, and continuous deployment.
· Experience writing contributions to technical or scientific documents, such as software designs, documentation, or research papers.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
· Master’s degree, PhD, or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Address 510 W Georgia St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1Z5, Canada