Amazon’s Compute Cloud (EC2) team is looking for a passionate, high-caliber developer who is fascinated to solve unprecedented scale and availability challenges in distributed systems.
Who are we?
We own the EC2 Auto Scaling service, a powerful service within AWS tasked with a critical mission to maintain the performance and availability of customer applications running on EC2. Auto Scaling intelligently and dynamically scales up applications during demand spikes and optimizes cost savings by scaling down when demand lulls. We are building the next generation of Auto Scaling, offering even more “cloud intelligence” to our customers. We build on over 10 years of experience creating and operating one of the world’s largest cloud computing platform.
You are passionate about perfecting design in real-time production systems. You are unafraid to take risks and you put customer experience first – always! You love to work hard, to own and to deliver software. You have the ability to turn your ideas into real-world products that customers use every day. You have a genuine love for technology, and a curiosity for playing with the latest tools and frameworks
What will you enjoy the most being on our team?
· Working on never solved before scale challenges
· Owning multiple services and having an opportunity to impact millions of customers
· Building highly reliable distributed systems
· Growing and mentoring junior engineers while being a leader in the EC2 team
· Being surrounded by exceptional people who are passionate about serving customers and excited to make history while having fun
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then please come join the EC2 team in the beautiful city of Vancouver.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
· Experience building complex software systems and web services
· Experience working on a customer focused team
· Thorough understanding of parallel algorithms and concurrency
· Experience working in an agile software development organization
· Familiarity with Amazon web services (EC2, Cloudwatch).
- Address 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!