Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing invites you to join our culinary team for the summer 2019 season. You will work in a remote setting and create a unique experience for our guest. We are looking for a professional Sous Chef to be the second in command in our kitchen, following our Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ their culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customer’s. satisfaction. The sous chef works alongside the head chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
This is a unique opportunity that will allow you to diversify your culinary techniques and execute high-quality production. Employees are encouraged to enjoy the wilderness, adventure in the mountains, or relax in our luxurious spa. This summer, escape the city and enjoy breathtaking views of the Chilcotin Mountains.
Responsibilities and Duties
Sous Chef Job Duties:
- Leads kitchen team in the chef’s absence
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Train new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Assists head chef with menu creation
- Coordinates with the restaurant management team on supply orders, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situations
Qualifications and Skills
Sous Chef Skills and Qualifications:
- Formal Culinary Training
- Previous Restaurant Experience
- Extensive Food and Beverage Knowledge
- Restaurant Industry Knowledge
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of Restaurant Regulations
- Leadership, Management
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Exceptional Customer-Service Skills
- Accommodations and meals provided free of cost.
- Full access to our spa, bar, and recreational equipment.
- Enjoy the lakefront property and Chilcotin Mountains during time off.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Sous Chef
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with the industry’s best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Culinary School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
To Apply: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Due to the nature of our business all members of the team may be required to take on additional responsibilities at times to ensure an exceptional guest experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Compensation based on experience $ based on experience Month
- Address 1 Tyaughton Lake Road, Gold Bridge BC, Canada
- This job has expired!