Job ID: 187246
Store Name/Number: BC-Park Royal (0590)
Address: 796 Main Street, West Vancouver, BC V7T 0A5, Canada (CA)
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Position Type: Regular
The Store Manager manages the client service, people development, sales, productivity, merchandising, operational and human resource functions of their store. They ensure adherence to the SEPHORA concepts and culture, ensuring maximum profitability and compliance with SEPHORA’s objectives and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Store’s Budget and Business Results
- Forecast sales and payroll with District Manager to drive store results.
- Monitor daily, weekly, monthly sales results and communicate to staff members.
- Manage and measure the effectiveness of business strategies. Adjust game plan as needed.
- Achieve store’s sales plans and operating profits while maintaining expenses.
- Develop strategies to grow business, leveraging the customer loyalty program, events, product knowledge and services.
- Maintain optimum store staffing levels to deliver an exceptional client experience while adhering to budgetary goals.
- Recruit, interview, and hire for all positions according to business needs.
- Train, coach, delegate to, supervise and motivate Assistant Managers and Supervisors to develop their leadership and business skills.
- Ensure a coaching culture is present that includes timely acknowledgement of successes, and feedback on opportunities.
- Ensure all team members receive quarterly development meetings and plans.
Merchandising and Operations
- Conduct inventories on a timely basis and maintain updated inventory records.
- Communicate inventory issues/concerns to the District Manager and key stakeholders.
- Make strategic and innovative merchandising decisions in accordance with Sephora’s concepts when necessary, to grow the business.
EXPECTED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years of management experience in the retail/service industry.
- Previous experience recruiting, staffing and hiring across all store positions, including leadership.
- Effective time management, problem solving and communication skills are essential.
- Maintaining composure and managerial courage are essential.
- Ability to analyze sales trends and react appropriately.
- Proficiency in Windows, Word and Excel.
- A High School graduate or equivalent, while a College degree is preferred.
- Open availability including evenings, weekends and holidays is required.
- Work in a fragrance filled environment.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Bend and stretch to stock shelves.
Owned by LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the world’s leading luxury goods group, Sephora is highly regarded as a beauty trailblazer, thanks to its unparalleled assortment of prestige products, unbiased service from experts, interactive shopping environment, and innovation.
Sephora stores – Sephora operates approximately 1,900 stores in 29 countries worldwide, with an expanding base of over 360 stores across North America. Sephora opened its first U.S. store in New York in 1998, its first Canadian store in Toronto in 2004. Sephora’s North American headquarters is located in San Francisco, with corporate offices in New York, Montreal and Toronto.
Sephora.com – Launched in the U.S. in 1999 and Canada in 2003, the foremost beauty site on the Internet is also Sephora’s largest North American store in terms of sales and selection of products and brands.