Position Title: Early Childhood Educator, Substitute
Location: Various YMCA Child Care Programs: South Vancouver/Richmond:
– Seasong YMCA Child Care Canter
– Marpole YMCA Child Care Center
– Kids at Marine YMCA Child Care Center
Shift: Monday to Friday, with varying shifts
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $16.34 hourly
Reports To: Team Leader, Child Care
The YMCA of Greater Vancouver is a charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community, by nurturing the potential of children, teens & young adults, promoting healthy lifestyles, fostering a sense of social responsibility and delivering lasting personal and social change. We are building a community in which a generation of children and families reach their full potential. Our values guide our decision-making and behaviour—we do the right thing, put people first, keep our promises and lead by example.
For over 130 years, we have been part of the community, a place where people of every age and background find the support they need to grow in spirit, mind and body. One of the Lower Mainland’s leading charities, the YMCA of Greater Vancouver provides services in health, fitness & aquatics, child care, camping, employment & community services to over 120,000 participants annually.
Nature & Scope: Under the direction of the center’s Supervisor or Team Leader, the Early Childhood Educator Substitute will work directly within the early childhood programs, providing care and creative programming for young children.
- To read, understand and follow all YMCA, Child Care Facility Licensing (CCFL) and legal requirements, including YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum standards
- To interact directly with the children, providing quality care and creative programming
- To assist with the planning and implementing of a consistent child-centred program, in accordance with YMCA standards.
- To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships
- To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity and program areas, common spaces, and washrooms.
- To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to licensing and YMCA requirements.
- To release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian, to ask for identification in order to ensure that the authorized pick-up has been verified.
- To work with staff team to deliver a high quality and age appropriate programs based on the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum
- To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff.
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and well groomed.
- BC Early Childhood Educator Assistant License to Practice required
- Infant/Toddler Early Childhood Educator License an asset
- BC Early Childhood Educator License to Practice an asset
- Special Needs License to Practice an asset
- High level of organizational and customer service skills
- Diplomas, certificates or other evidence of training related to child growth/development
- Experience working with children in a child care/recreational setting
- Current First Aid certificate
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date.
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
Commitment to Organization and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Leadership: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to improve programs and service.
Team Work: The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal results.
Product Knowledge: Thorough understanding of the components required in providing quality care.
Application deadline: On-going
- Compensation $16.34 hourly $ $16.34 hourly Month
- This job has expired!