You’re an experienced Superintendent with over 3 years’ field operations experience working in multi-disciplinary large-scale, residential high rise or mixed use construction projects. You will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day field operations to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Diversify your experience. Build your talent. Join the Ledcor Building team in Vancouver, BC today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high-quality standards are maintained
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Issues material and services purchase orders and confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment
- Supervises field employees, makes sure their work is planned and performed efficiently, and makes sure their timesheets are accurately coded
- Mentors project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections, and other relevant information
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual
- 3 plus years’ construction experience as a superintendent or similar direct supervisory role
- Experience with supervising building envelope, Curtain Walls, Glazing, Cladding, roofing and interior finishes would be beneficial
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification / education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Working knowledge of construction documents, contracts, costs, and budgets
- Working knowledge of scheduling and project management
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders needs, and identify solutions
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and stakeholders
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with scheduling software
- Site Based Position
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
- Address 1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!