POSITION TITLE: Supply Chain Manager
EMPLOYER: D-Home Express
LOCATION: 160-11780 River Road, Richmond, BC V6X 1Z7
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
SALARY: $42.50 /hour, 30 hours /week
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of departments responsible for the entire process of commodities procurement and supply chain activities, logistics and distribution, customs clearance, budget control, ensuring effectively functioning processes.
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with suppliers, and shipping contacts throughout the procurement lifecycle, negotiate contracts and rates with shipping lines, freight forwarders, customs house brokers, warehouse managers and related third-party logical service providers.
- Proactively engage suppliers in identifying potential issues, resolutions and opportunities.
- Responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery.
- Establish and adjust policies and work procedures to meet warehouse demands, transportation schedules, established workflows and industry standard safety guidelines, ensure that appropriate import and export compliance procedures are followed by contracted service providers.
- Conduct monthly capacity and performance analyses to ensure that forecasts and schedules are aligned and integrated. Execute demand flow verification processes, engage in short and long term planning and conduct inventory analyses for warehouse utilization and coordination.
- Manage overall supply chain and logistics operation and procedures in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity, oversee the computerized purchasing system.
- A bachelor’s degree required
- In Business, Logistics or a related area preferred
- 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience managing freight/cargo/courier
- Contract negotiation experience
- Proficiency in MS-Office suite
- Good knowledge of logistics and inventory systems
- Managerial skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organization skills
- Meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
- Numeracy skills
- Ability to plan ahead and deal with unexpected changes
- Compensation $42.50 /hour, 30 hours /week $ $42.50 /hour, 30 hours /week Month
- Address 11780 River Road, Richmond, BC V6X 1Z7, Canada