Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you’ll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals creating a digital ecosystem that supports our customers and employees. This digital ecosystem enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 4000 highly distributed lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC’s eGaming platform, and technology enabled workforce.
As a member of Employee Experience Team, the Systems Engineer – Endpoint Management is influences endpoint management strategy and is responsible for design, implementation and management of a 21st century, digitally enabled endpoint management eco-system.
This role is critical in advancing cloud technologies and translating functional and technical strategies into cohesive end-to-end experiences that optimize the workforce productivity and collaboration experience. Candidate will collaborate with diverse stakeholders including Product Owners, Agile Coaches, Project Managers, Enterprise Architects, Capability Managers and business stakeholders to provide consistent, robust, innovative, and scalable solutions that enable enhanced productivity while balancing security and compliance requirements.
Candidate acts as a senior technical resource in the area of technology platforms architecture, detailed design and delivery, translating business and technical requirements into enterprise services and solutions. They will mentor team members and serve as an escalation point for issues and challenges the team may face and provide overall feedback and guidance.
The ideal candidate has a passion for IT, is forward thinking, and has a desire to find creative solutions to problems and enjoy fostering innovation on a dynamic team.
• Provides technical direction the Endpoint Delivery Team in the strategic design and architecture of BCLC’s endpoint management platforms including Microsoft Endpoint Manager, XenMobile, Apple ABM)
• Provide technical and professional leadership and orchestrate team efforts to meet critical business objectives around optimizing the end user experience; taking into account productivity, collaboration and mobility solutions, endpoint devices, end user services deployment, maintenance, and inventory of all employee productivity endpoint assets.
• Recommends investments to management and clients based on results of assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
• Maintains documentation for all aspects of the endpoint environment and the supporting systems used for its management.
• Works in conjunction with other BT managers and key business contacts for system issues, planning, and development.
• Design, manage, and prioritize workflows and processes for the team to optimize efficiency without sacrificing quality.
• Work with business stakeholders on new requests and prioritize them for team assignment.
• Develop technical roadmaps and project plans for the team and manage those projects accordingly.
• Think strategically to align internal capabilities with industry trends and best practices
• Solicit the best ideas through creative and innovative approaches and build consensus to move forward.
• Partner closely with cloud services, infrastructure and applications teams, to drive user-centered processes across the End User Services organization.
• Collaborate with BT, business partners and vendor partners to ensure that the end user experience takes technology and business requirements into consideration.
• Execute projects and process improvements to effectively identify potential cost-saving opportunities, resolve resource constraints, and support business activities through ensuring objectives, goals, and customer needs are met.
• Collaborates with and participates in Enterprise Communities of Excellence (COE) to provide significant input and recommendations on Architecture Strategy, Enterprise Domain Roadmaps, Principles, Standards, and Reference Architectures throughout the organization.
• Will lead and participate in other technology COE’s or Communities of Practice (COP) and lead Proof of Concepts (POC) as required to progress technology roadmaps and adoption, ensuring alignment with industry methodologies, technology trends, and innovation.
• Creates, documents and communicates technical solutions using agreed upon standard documentation processes and ensuring adherence to technical guidelines and standards.
• Contributes to the development and delivery of Business Cases and other financial documents and completes analysis as required to ensure BCLC is making sound technology financial decisions and managing financial risk.
• May participate in major Procurement competitions as a Subject Matter Expert to compete technology and vendor analysis and contribute to product/vendor selection.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• University Degree, College Diploma in Information Technology supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
• 3-6 years progressively responsible technical experience with at least three years at a senior level in Information Technology in medium to large sized environments
• Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience managing and supporting Windows OS, MacOS and Apple IOS architectures and centralized management of related endpoints at an enterprise scale. Endpoint Management inclusive of but not limited to software updates, application installation, security policies and environment monitoring.
• Certification in the following are preferred but not required:
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- ITIL Certification
- Citrix Certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSO) or Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO)
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
• Software integration experience
• Vendor management experience
• Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement
• Advanced Expert administrative experience with all supported Windows desktop operating systems
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (formerly SCCM), (particularly operating system deployment, application creation/scripting/packaging, software updates, and reporting, as well as system design, implementation and maintenance) operating system deployment (OSD)
• Advanced experience with PowerShell scripting,
• Advanced experience with building, deploying and maintaining SCCM applications and packages
• Intermediate Advanced experience with supporting Microsoft technologies including but not limited to AD, DNS, GPO, and Azure offerings for compute and storage
• Solid understanding of patching practice and associated technologies.
• Experience with packaging and deploying Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise (Office 365) Click-To-Run and using the Office Deployment Tool
• Experience with Microsoft Intune
• Understanding of B.C. gaming industry is an asset
• Proven track record Envisioning/Building/Implementing innovative solutions driven by business needs for enterprise endpoint management, desktop lifecycle management and remote access solutions that enable any device, anywhere, anytime.
• Demonstrated ability of self-motivation and learning with a focus on industry insights and their impacts to our enterprise
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- CAD Month
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery