Closing Date: March 15, 2021
The Technical Lead Architect leads collaboration to craft and build a modular & scalable solution that addresses future architectural changes and designs. They drive the team’s engineering practices in test driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment. A good agile architect is keen to engage with the team and dig in to the code to actively help solve the biggest problems. You are an executor as well as the leader behind the solution.
There are multiple positions for Technical Lead Architect.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Design the overall technological architecture and design of the solution
- Guide project teams on technology strategy
- Work with software development leadership to build a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality
- Share responsibility with Product Owner for building reusable and scalable components
- Mentor and coach the development team with code reviews, skill sharing, and productive feedback
- Challenge the status quo and seek new and better ways of solving technical problems
- Domain specialist in the design and implementation of data-intensive cloud-based analytics solutions
- Deeply in touch with current best practices in diverse relevant technologies including containerization, microservices, automation CI/CD
- Ability to lead architecture decisions at a team and product level
- Experience working on projects that span multiple organizations and business units
- Extensive experience as a software developer on Agile teams
- Strong communication skills with ability to align organization on complex decisions
- Active coach and mentor who can grow and maximize the team’s potential
- Technological adventurer, exploring new solutions outside standard approved approaches
- Embraces a culture of trust and transparency
- Self-starter who embraces a culture of transparency and trust, and thrives in an environment of rapid change and growth
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada