Because of our commitment to innovation and technical advancements, REITIUM has grown into an industry leader. In 2018 we won our first award – being nominated in Singapore as “Best Innovation in Technology”. In 2019 we won Startup Canada’s “Innovation Award” for BC.
As an award-winning company, we pride ourselves on being a diverse team. We are from all walks of life – varying backgrounds, ages and experiences which leads us to create a product and company that spans borders, is inclusive and really speaks to our audience.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
The driving force behind this success is our unwavering belief in clear and effective communication – with our internal team, to our investors and to the users of our platform.
We’re searching for an experienced technical writer and communications coordinator to join our team and help take our client-focused service to new heights.
As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience working in a startup company focused on tech. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
Using your skills, you’re able to easily communicate to clients, writing with our brand, voice and mission in mind.
– Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished and engaging content
– Edit, Create and Manage written and graphical content for customer facing documents across multiple platforms with consistent, professional quality levels. Must have a working understanding of Medium, Slack, WordPress, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Facebooks ads, Google ads
– Apply SEO/SEM, social media and analytics to content to improve discoverability and quality. Must understand how to read, analyze and present this documentation
– Work closely with content contributors, providing guidance and suggestions along with established templates and writing best-practices
– Create and edit videos for documentation, training and social media exposure
– Lead the selection, deployment and operation of content on social media platforms and various management systems
– Create, edit and manage content for internal documents
– Conduct competitive research and macro-level research to stay informed on changes in digital marketing industry that could impact the overall success of paid media campaigns
– Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
– Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write technical specifications, and process documentation
– May conduct research to establish factual content and to obtain other necessary information.
– Write Newsletters that provide value and encourage calls to action
– Work comfortably with Adobe Suite Software (Adobe Premier, InDesign, Photoshop etc.)
– Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
– Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
– Attend networking events on behalf of the company. From time to time present the REITIUM brand to groups at events
Qualifications and Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree or Post-Secondary training in relevant technical field: Digital Marketing, Writing and Communications or equivalent
– Excellent proficiency in oral and written English. Must be a native English speaker or show proof of English language test CELPIP, IELTS or equivalent – minimum score of 8 (CLB level)
– Experience in Incubator or accelerator in hands-on technical school is a bonus
– Deep understanding of the startup ecosystem
– Knowledge of Blockchain and deeply technical writing a must
– Ability to build relationships and influence individuals at all levels.
– International applicants encouraged to apply as we value diversity and inclusion
– Must have experience with blogging, videography, editing and full working knowledge of the software associated
– Must be comfortable in social situations and networking opportunities
– Must be comfortable with opening and closing office space and sometimes contributing to operations tasks and event planning
– Experience in a supporting role, reporting directly to the C-Suite is a must
– Minimum of 1 year experience in technical writing in a professional environment
– Strong ability to develop clear and concise technical content
– Self Motivated with the ability to grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
– Must have some experience with real estate understanding
– Looking for the right personality fit – someone who can be part of a small team of 5 and be willing to take on tasks outside of the aforementioned
Submit cover letter to the Chief Marketing Officer, Laura Fortey outlining:
1. Why you would like to work with REITIUM
2. A favourite memory at your past role
3. What you value most about working in a small company
4. What you love about the Startup world
5. Your current status is Canada
Submit resume and cover letter to laura at REITIUM dot com.
- Compensation Market Rate $ Market Rate Month
- Address 673 Abbott Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada