At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our field staff roles are so unique
As a field staff member, you’ll have the opportunity to work onsite at one of our partner locations or be mobile – meeting with different stakeholders throughout the day. These roles enjoy a non-traditional work environment with perks like:
- Opportunity to work closer to home
- A large amount of autonomy in your work
- Potential to work at different times/days that better fit your lifestyle
- Lots of variety in your day-to-day work
The objective of the Technician role is to provide specialized technical maintenance and repair that ensures British Columbia Lottery Corporation’s direct and efficient delivery of casino entertainment.
The Technician will develop and maintain working relationships with various internal stakeholders, in addition to various external stakeholders including the player/public, vendors/suppliers, service provider and regulatory bodies in order to positively impact our player experience. This position may provide service at more than one site, which would involve travel.
- Conducts varied and moderately complex technical work related to repairs and maintenance of all casino gaming equipment ensuring effective and efficient gaming operations.
- Draws upon knowledge of gaming policies and procedures, as well as provides input into the development of gaming and operational practices within the confines of corporate standards.
- Maintains customer service relationships with the service provider to assist in assuring that gaming operations practices are within the confines of corporate standards and facilitates client relations with players with respect to gaming policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with peers to proactively and reactively resolve both technical and player issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by participating in the development of recommendations for new approaches to enhance our player experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Recognized technical degree or diploma in electronics or technology support;
- 3 to 4 years previous technical (hardware) experience or related background;
- Previous customer service experience is required;
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Thorough understanding of Casino operation and associated repairs;
- Thorough understanding of Casino Standards, Policies and Procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of the gaming systems and modules (including Casino Management system, CasinoLink, Player Card), MP2, the communications rack and its functionality;
- Ability to comprehend and apply internal control concepts, verifications and procedural review requirements;
- Ability to compile and analyse information and make informed decisions based on timeliness, cost implications, effect on operations, effect on public relations;
- Organizational skills that include attention to detail;
- Proven ability to provide leadership and direction to others;
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive matters with a degree of diplomacy, tact and confidentiality;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite;
- General business acumen.
- Ability to work flexible hours (shift work);
- Some heavy lifting is required.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please Note: This opportunity will have a work schedule of 4 days on, 3 days off.