Req Id: 238710
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Are you interested in the world of television news? Are you looking to gain an understanding of how a live newsroom broadcast operates and gain real world experience? Are you a strong communicator and able to work well in a high pressure environment? If this sounds like you, Bell Media has an opportunity for you to join the team at CTV News, Vancouver on a casual/freelance basis as a teleprompter operator. Based on your skill set, this freelance position may also offer the opportunity to gain experience in other production and editorial positions.
Working collaboratively with the news editorial and production teams you will:
- Operate teleprompter for on-air anchors during live broadcast
- Pay close attention to detail of scripts, manage ongoing and last minute changes and substitutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of and ability to read and write English is essential
- Post-secondary education (ongoing or complete) in journalism, communications or other related field is a strong asset.
- A general interest in news and understanding of current events
- Demonstrated ability to manage high pressure situations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Broadcast news is a 24/7 business, you must be available to work early mornings, nights and weekends
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media – Freelancer
Job Status: Temporary – Part Time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Application Deadline: 08/28/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, BC, Vancouver
- Image Gallery