Requisition ID: 27004
Job Category: Infrastructure
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Tunnel Ventilation Engineer
- Mechanical engineering with an emphasis in the design development, design review and technical reporting of the underground infrastructure systems including fire ventilation and life safety systems of underground transit system, tunnels and underground stations.
- Development of plans and specifications.
- Supports the design and support of systems analyses for tunnel fires and personal safety.
- Preparation of technical reports in various phases of engineering, including feasibility studies, design reports and technical analysis.
- Participating in meetings with different disciplines and the client.
- Assumes some project management tasks and responsibilities to track and forecast project performance, deliverable and schedule
- Will be required to support engineering proposals and business development
- Participates in the preparation of engineering bids
- Prepares design plans, technical specifications and other documents
- Performs design calculations and ensures plans are compliant with codes and standards
- Understanding of calculations to produce study plans, specifications and reports.
- Build good relationships with clients and maintain regular industry liaison;
- Develop your personal professional profile through publications in engineering journals;
- Maintain membership and active engagement with relevant professional institutions
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (preferably master's or doctorate).
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the design and analysis of mechanical systems for tunnels (tunnel ventilation, HVAC, drainage, fire protection).
- Experience in simulating the subway environment or the equivalent is desired.
- Knowledge of Subway Ventilation Simulation is an asset.
- Knowledge of Revit software is an asset.
- Currently registered, or eligible for registration, as a Professional Engineer
- Experience with applicable regulations and engineering standards in Canada;
- Available for travel to other Hatch offices, and to remote locations for site work;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Numerical modeling capabilities.
- To be able to work alone or in a team under a minimum of supervision.
- Be able to understand and achieve cost, quality and timeline goals.
- Ability to maintain good business relations with the various parties involved in the process.
- Time management skills and good adaptation to change.
- Strong communication skills and ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships in complex and changing environments.
- Fundamental technical engineering knowledge and strong problem-solving skills
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- CAD Month
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery