Requisition ID: 27662
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Highways Utility Engineer description:
- Developing conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of wet utilities in coordination with road and highway network that complies with Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI) and Municipalities standards
- Developing Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design for utilities relocation plans;
- Coordination and working relation with third party utility company in coordination with Highway design
- Pressure network, water and sanitary sewer analysis and design is an asset
- Ensuring all civil design drawings for engineering project work comply with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Report writing and report preparation.
- Professional communication skills
- Delivering design drawings in accordance with design standard;
- Able to interpret survey data and support field survey;
- Co-ordinate with project managers and discipline engineers and ensures consistency in execution of project management activities to assure that client's work is completed on time, on budget and within the quality standards of the firm;
- Prepare and update technical reports and specifications in accordance to MoTI and MMCD specifications;
- Participate in the preparation of material quantities and cost estimates;
- Ability to work as part of a growing team;
- Providing assistance during the tender phase and recommending project awards;
- Providing engineering support during construction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- EIT, P.Eng or application in process;
- Experience in Civil 3D is a must, other design software experiences such as Bently design packages are desired but not required.
- Experience in Civil 3D pipe network is desired;
- Technical experience in the planning and design of utilities related to roads infrastructure;
- Proficient and working knowledge of design and data management software including civil 3D, and AutoCAD;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good working relationships with clients and project teams;
- Familiar with municipal road standard and highway design standard such as TAC and MoTI Standards and MMCD ;
- Bachelor of Civil and/or Environmental Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Solid utility design engineering experience with engineering contracting or consulting organizations
- Understanding of local standards; as well as statutory and regulatory requirements
- Experience working in a client facing capacity with integrity, honesty and customer service orientation
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery