The People Experience Design & Research team is reinventing how MILLIONS join Amazon and thrive in their work lives. We help create products and experiences for employees throughout their career at Amazon–from seasoned industry veterans looking for their next adventure, to new junior talent looking to make their mark on the world, to associates managing their schedules and paychecks at the beating heart of Amazon’s Fulfillment Center network. Our customers are every single Amazon employee, plus those looking to join us–including you!
We are seeking a UX Designer to define, design and deliver new products meant to reimagine the recruiting and candidate experience at scale and across the globe. You will champion a diverse set of customer behaviors, global needs and individual preferences to play your part in evolving Amazon into the go-to destination to balance life and career goals.
As a UX designer, you’ll work with a cross-functional, highly capable team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers, inventing and iterating on end-to-end product experiences. You’ll develop your ideas with sketches, prototypes, wireframes and story boards, and confidently communicate your vision to senior executives to influence the best experience for our customers.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, yet pragmatic designer that can analyze customer behaviors, identify opportunities to solve problems, and create a best-in-class experience in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. You should be passionate about working strategically with internal and external executives and other senior leaders to create and deliver big, visionary and customer-focused solutions.
You would be perfect for this role if:
· You move fast and design experiences that visually provoke and captivate.
· You are a principled design thinker who envisions and crafts holistic solutions for your users that span the entire customer journey.
· You are an empathic and opportunistic teammate who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners.
· You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats.
· Extraordinary portfolio of shipped work demonstrating impactful UX design leadership and exemplary understanding of user-centered design principles.
· Minimum 3+ years of experience as an UX/Interaction Designer or a similar role.
· Experience working in a collaborative team, partnering closely with product management to define use cases and requirements, and working directly with developers on implementation of your designs.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Passion for learning and innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations.
· Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team as projects need.
· Proven ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience.
· Fluency in information architecture, as well as seasoned knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Experience developing UX across different types of devices and screen sizes.
· Bachelor’s degree in UX design, interaction design, or equivalent professional experience.
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, Invision, Flinto.
· Experience designing large-scale systems and applications
· Experience in user research, particularly in qualitative methodologies.
· Strong bias for action including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment
· Affinity for and experience in building interactive prototypes.
· Expertise in typographic principles and design is a plus
· Experience with motion design and illustration is a plus.
· Passion for the role of design within an organization and the ability to develop and mentor design talent
- Address 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada